Chapter 19: Battle for the Eye (3)

"You are?" Just as the man was about to finish off all of his opponents, an unknown kid suddenly appears and shoots an arrow into his shoulder, rendering him unable to do what he planned. Of course, anyone in his position would have been annoyed to the extent that they would bleed from all of their orifices.

"Me? You dared to attack and injure my people and have the gall to ask that question to me? Peasant, for your information, the great I, am the second young master and inheritor of the Feng clan! Feng Lei!" With his chin up and nose raised arrogantly towards the sky like a proud scion, Feng Lei proclaimed. "Now kowtow and beg for forgiveness like a dog and I might just lighten your punishment. Hurry on."

"This! Just another arrogant brat from the Feng clan after all! Then, I have nothing holding me back from finishing you off as well!" Switching his blade to his left hand, the man got ready to attack. "You probably only rely on your subordinates to do all the work for you, don't you? The truth is, that arrow you shot only hit by luck!"

Hearing the man start spouting utter nonsense, Feng Lei couldn't help but laugh mockingly. "Luck, you say? Haha! What luck?! In a life and death battle, what use is luck, you stupid peasant?!"

Deciding not to use his effort to pound logic into a stupid man's head, Feng Lei released the arrow that was just waiting eagerly to be released and hit its target, landing with an audible thud deep into the man's thigh, perhaps even hitting bone and making the man release a pained groan. Despite being in pain, the man didn't stop his charge and headed straight towards Feng Lei, his blade ready to taste the blood and flesh of his enemy.

"Resilient, aren't we?" Although the man was quickly approaching where he stood, Feng Lei's expressions showed no signs of wavering, appearing as if everything was in his control, making the man cautious and feeling that something was amiss. "Too bad. I could've kept you as a pet."

Suddenly getting ominous chills, the man immediately stopped charging forwards and rolled towards his left. Moments later, he immediately saw that his decision was the right one as he heard three explosions from where he was previously standing. "It seems that your keen instincts saved you from my lily bombs this time."

Hearing the words spoken by Feng Lei, the man grit his teeth and turned to glare at him. "But the next one won't miss." As he said so, Feng Lei aimed an arrow which was nearly fully covered with unusual red flowers towards the fuming man.

"Feng clan..." The man seethed in hate, his gaze which was sharp enough to pierce metal was directed towards Feng Lei, yet, still unable to draw a reaction from him and instead, made him smirk gleefully, making the man even more frustrated. "You're just a clan full of scheming bastards!"

"Oh? But that's exactly why we always win." Releasing the arrow once again, Feng Lei watched as his handmade missile fly towards its target, exploding with a smoke mushroom when it hit.

"Well, that was boring."

He couldn't have survived that, right? Ai... I probably overdid it again. All that preparation went to waste. So much for starting this story with a bang.

Just as he was about to return his bow to his storage ring, he suddenly caught something moving from within the cloud of dust that blocked his vision, causing him to halt his movements and stand on his spot and staring incredulously.

Whoa whoa whoa! Isn't this too much?! That arrow contained power rivalling modern missiles, you know! That's not something anyone, not even weakened gods can handle! Isn't this too much like a novel protagonist?! And he's not even a mob character level! Presumptuous!