Chapter 29

Alexander's POV

" Has anyone seen the girls? " Jaxon asked as he walked into my office.

" No why? " Nate said and I looked up from my paperwork.

" Because one minute I put the blanket on them while they're asleep downstairs and the next minute they're gone " 

" They could just be outside.. " Scott said shrugging and Jaxon shook his head.

" Charlie is afraid of snow.. She wouldn't even dare to step foot outside. "

" So where could they be? " Liam asked. I looked over to my window to see it was still snowing. I looked towards the ground and narrowed my eyes. Even though the snow was covering it up there was a few foot prints leading out of the gate.

" Did any of you leave earlier when it started snowing? " I asked them.

" No we've been here. Why? " Jaxon asked. I got up quickly and ran to the door.

" Check the perimeter. North, south, east, west. Liam get your warriors. " They nodded their heads and quickly got up. They went outside and started to look around. I walked over to the couch and examined it for any clues. On the floor next to the coffee table was a tranquilizer dart and there was blood on the tip. I picked it up and I sniffed it. It smelt like Serenity. 

The guys came back and held up a gun that was wet from the snow. The footprint, the dart, the gun... I thought about as the pieces started to come together.

" Briggs... He's got them "

***********

Serenity's POV

My head spinned as my eyes started to open slowly. I looked around to see rusty walls and broken down cell bars. It was pretty dark and the only source of light was the swinging light bulb from the ceiling. I looked over to see Charlie on my shoulder snoring softly. My ears started to ring as the noise that was down here finally hit my eardrum. There were screams, laughs and cries. 

My body was in so much pain and I noticed we were chained to the wall. I noticed someone in the corner of the cell. Their backs were turned to me as they spoke to the wall. They turned around and made eye contact with me. He slowly walked into the light only then did I see it was Briggs. Charlie rubbed her eyes with her hands as she just started to wake up.

" Serenity oh Serenity... you don't know how long I've waited for this moment. " He walked closer to us.

" I love the feeling of looking down at you being at my mercy.. It's quite pleasing if I do say so myself. " Charlie rolled her eyes at him and he gave her the side eye.

" I don't particularly like you pup.. You're quite irritating. "

" Well buddy... the feelings mutual " She smirked and he rolled his eyes.

" W-why are we here? What did we even do? " I asked whimpering and he crouched down to my face. 

" You are here for my amusement until I finally get annoyed and I kill you both... You didn't do anything that would make me hate you. It's just your presence alone that is so putrid and I want to rid the world of such evil things like you. Like I said curiosity killed the cat "