prologue

'After all these years of being with me, you're be going to Tokyo without me knowing anything about it?!' Haru's fist clenched as he felt a rough lump on his throat. The silent night darkened the scenery of the bridge—except for the two with loud bitterness in them.

Bitterness? Is it that the true emotion of Makoto's heart? Haru cannot tell, for his forest green eyes gazed on the shimmering water. Silence it is, but he can hear the unspoken words he wants to hear. Why? Why would he do all these things to him? What has he done to leave him? These were all the things he demanded an answer, yet he stood in front of him speechless.

'I...' Haru's deep blue eyes widened in anticipation. He could see Makoto's lip twitch in nervousness as he waited. 'I am leaving Tokyo because...'

Because?

'Because I just want to distance myself from the pain I'm feeling through.'

Haru froze, speechless. He stood before Makoto, who looked down with regretful look before sighing. He became confused and stunned at the same time. 'What...pain?'

To his surprise, Makoto gave him an unbelieving look. An unbelievable look he never saw him do once. Not for once. His eyebrows suddenly furrowed and Haru can sense the anger inside his pupils, then at his words. 'This is what I don't like about you, Haruka. You are inconsiderate on how people around you feel! You are cold-you are careless and blind that you can't see me in pain!'

For the first time, Haruka Nanase never thought he'd see him pulling off such expression.

'You know that I am always here to help you whenever you're in pain!' He replied, clenching his fists in an agitated manner. Makoto clicked his tongue.

'How can I tell you if you are the one causing me pain?'

His crystalline blue eyes widened in shock. He is at loss for words when he added, 'I've always knew that you and Rin have something together.'

His rageful eyes flickered in sadness. 'And guess what? I've always hoped for a chance.'

A bitter laugh went out from the green-eyed youth's mouth, making Haru realise that this isn't just it. It's a pain-induced laugh. 'Everytime I see you two...everytime I see the way you both look at each other-I felt that pain tugging my heart.'

'You could've just told me...' He trailed off, hoping he'll change his mind, but it's no use. His bitter response is still the same. 'Tell you? I kept these feelings inside of me because I don't want to ruin our friendship..!'

Makoto gripped Haru's wrist. A sad look appeared across Makoto's face as he let go of his hand before walking away.

'...I don't want to lose someone who became a part of me.'