your love isn't real

just like a dream, i know your love isn't real

   Haruka narrowed his eyes at the smiling Mako, with dark aura surrounding him. He did not only want to learn how to swim again, he just wants to see Haru—yet he kept on asking the same question all over again on himself.

   The moment has finally arrived. Isn't it the best time to say goodbye and disappear in thin air?

   Makoto blinked. Children watched the two as they unconsciously started a staring contest, making them think that Coach Nanase and this mystery man have a close relationship. Well they had, but it broke up from a simple fight. Their gaze are becoming more and more awkward, but Mako rose from the water, causing everyone's eyes; including Haru's, to look at his wide, muscled abdomen.

   'I'm going to see you at the same place tonight, Nanase-sensei.'

   As he walked away, Haru clenched in annoyance. He—he's a cocky jerk.

   Maybe Mako-san isn't worth it to thank after that one night.

   The whole session was like the usual, and Haruka is surprised he had the motivation to teach children despite feeling blue the past few days. An overwhelmed sigh came out as he dressed back, but seeing red hair against his peripheral view, he got surprised. Haru immediately turned his head to see Rin standing. His eyes did not show the usual sorry look in movies, but rather a sympathic one.

   Haru stared at him blankly, but deep inside he is in disbelief.

   Right across on the table, Rin gazed at him as they both sat inside a diner. The whole atmosphere is warm and welcoming, while they are cold and tense. Both are at loss in speech, trying to ask questions and to give explanations, but they failed.

   Both of them opened their mouths, but there wasn't no word coming out. They tried to speak, but they both decided to close it back. It went to a ridiculous repetition, making it more awkward than it actually was.

   No matter how Rin will explain everything, Haru knew his feelings were never real.

   At last, despite his lips trembled, Rin spoke. 'I... I'm sorry, Haru.'

   'I'm sorry for hurting you. It wasn't that I didn't consider how you'd feel but...'

   'You were just a rebound. I never had... I tried. I tried, Haru. I...'

   Even if his heart got whipped, Haru gave him the same expressionless face. It's filled with contempt. Who wouldn't feel contempt after being fooled into being loved?

   He continued gazing without blinking. 'Will you...?'

   'I forgive you.' He answered straightforwardly. 'But please forget about me. Please forget that we know each other.'

   'I can't do that, Haru. I—'

   'You can be happy and free now, Rin, without guilt. No matter how'd I try to turn it around, you used my feelings as an object. It will be better if we forget that we met.'

   Rin quivered, trying to get a grasp of his hand as he tried to stop him, but he slapped it away. A glare appeared on Haru's face as he added; 'Since your love isn't real, I cannot help but regret knowing you ever since we met.'

   The corners of his eyes were now filled with tears as he walked away. Rin didn't feel sad. He felt gulity. He should've cared for him. He should've seen the consequences of his actions.