epilogue

don't be sorry—that makes me pitiful
with your pretty red lips;
please hurry—kill me and go
I'm alright.

   Two months passed, and Makoto died.

   It was painful for Haru to see him struggle everyday; his eyes were watering as he held his hand while reassuring he's alright in a cracked voice. He choked on his own spit upon hearing his it, knowing he is going to die. In that period, he took care of him and showered him with all the love he wanted to give him ever since he lost him in his arms five years ago. There were times that he'd look at him in peaceful slumber, and cried silently as he squeezed his hand softly.

   There was a bitter taste in his tongue. Makoto didn't deserve this. He did not deserve to get this tragedy after all the hurt he had suffered for a long time.

   'I'm tired.' Makoto spoke one time, his forest green eyes that's losing its luster slugglishly moved towards the hospital window as they both sat, taking a meal. Haru sighed at his words. 'Are you tired laying there? You'll get healed, Makoto, I tell you that.'

   'No... it's just I'm tired living.' His eyes watched the clear view of the city from the glass. 'I want to die.'

   Haruka seamed his lips; tears were starting to fall from his eyes. 'Please.. please, don't say that. You know how much that hurts me. I love you so much, Makoto.'

   'But that's what reality is, Haruka. I can't stop it
I'm really going to die.'

   'You're hurting me.'

   'I know.' He smiled bitterly. 'But it's the best for you. You'll find someone to love when I'm down in the grave, and they'll be better than me.'

   'You're wrong...' He trailed off his words in disbelief, but the sick squeezed his hand. 'You think this is unfair saying to you this, but it is. Maybe it's a mistake on the clock making us separate at the times where we loved, but I think it's not about us having the wrong timing... maybe... maybe...'

   'Maybe?' He asked anxiously as the man sighed. 'Maybe destiny doesn't want us to be together.'

   'You're a bit harsh,' Haruka spoke as he stood by his grave, his eyes trailing at the words Makoto Tachibana on the tiled grave stone. There is no answer, yet he still smiled. Flowers surrounded his grave, and Makoto's smiling face sat in a frame standing between them. There is no answer, and it made him chuckle. 'You did not wait for me.'

   Maybe it's time to forget things.

   Maybe it's time to move on.

   'Maybe it is time to have you as a memory in my heart I guess.'

  Maybe Makoto is right; maybe destiny doesn't want them together. If that's what it isthen, he will love him as always until he meets him there, in heaven, maybe.

Your eyes, nose, lips; 
your touch that used to touch me;
to the ends of your fingertipsI can still feel you
but like a burnt out flame,
we burnt and destroyed all of our love
it hurts so much, but now...I'll call you a memory