jelly

i know it'll break apart yet
why do i keep holding unto you?

    It's still the same as Makoto thought.

   His eyebrow twitched, looking at his phone full of sent messages, yet empty of responses from him. He sighed as he laid back, bouncing off the bed in a childish manner as he rememebered; he decided to take a rest and stop meeting Haruka for a while. His eyes stared the ceiling of his old room, and it reminded him of his old self: the old Makoto Tachibana whose smiles reach his ears. He rolled around his bed, but he turned his head as the door opened. A straight frown was on Ren's face while Ran had a nervous look.

   'Aniki, let's talk.'

   'Tell us what's your work in Tokyo.'

   '...' Makoto's lips seamed as he stared into Ren's eyes, noticing the glint of anger in it. The boy clicked his tongue as he slammed his hand on the wall. He could feel him grind his teeth in annoyance, but he chose to find ways to dodge the question, because he knew it will hurt them. Especially their parents. 'Why can't you?!'

   'I don't want you to know because if you do, you will hate me.' He replied, almost crushing his left hand as he clenched it. Ren on the other hand, stood there without a word coming out from her mouth.

   'Why would we hate you, aniki? We need to know, because ever since you've came, we felt like something's wrong. We are worried for you, aniki.'

   'You don't have to worry, okay? I'm fine when I was—'

   'But nii-san, your face doesn't look fine when you're talking.' blurted out Ran.

   Silence crept up between them, while Makoto's eyes dare not to break down while meeting the gaze of the worried twins. He knew this moment will come, but it somehow gave him anxiety because he has to share about his dignity he lost when he was there.

   In Tokyo, no one knew what happened to the innocent boy the moment he stepped foot.

   'I...am an escort.'

   'An escort...?' Ren's eyes shivered in a confused manner. Makoto's face went dyll, but with such low words he continued, 'On the first few months in Tokyo, I had a stable life, but when the apartment I've stayed burned, I was homeless...'

   'I didn't want Mom and Dad worry about me, so I stayed with a classmate, and since I want to pay back everything, I decided to find a job as a waiter on a bar.'

   'But there were times a costumer would hit on me. There were some who were desperate and drugged me.'

   'That was the most terrible thing that happened in my life.' He continued, with tears falling from his eyes. 'I was raped unconcious.'

   'I've gotten used to it; getting hit on, sex, money. I became a whore.'

   No matter how'd Makoto would explain everything, the tears in Ren's eyes dripped continously.

   Ren didn't bother to ask his nii-san what he do for work just for nothing. He just wanted to ask, why, or what did happen to turn his aniki, who was once a boy everyone loved, to someone who is now a cold, rigid monster.