somebody else

i always knew that even when
i'm sleeping beside you in bed,
there's someone in your mind,
but that somebody isn't me

'Aniki!'

Makoto's eyes darted on the figures running in front of him. Happy grins appeared on their faces as they squealed seeing their big brother after years. But it's a surprise for the whole Tachibana family to see their happy and sweet Makoto gone like perfume whiffed by the wind.

The man standing in front of them is unrecognizable-black leather, woody perfume, dangerous eyes, and a dark, menacing aura.

But everyone's fear vanished as soon as he smiled-the same sweet smile he has for all those years when he was still in Iwatobi.

Maybe Makoto Tachibana never changed. Even just a bit.

Rin is asleep.

But there he smells like someone else.

That filled Haru's mind of as they laid on their shared bed, bodies touching each other and hands intertwined. Tired from carrying the drunk Rin from the club, he wondered how he easily fell asleep after one drink. He wanted to ignore these thoughts, but a delusion made him think otherwise.

Was there someone who touched him at that time?

Or... maybe...?

Haru's heart beat frantically.

With a heavy sigh, he sat back on their bed, eyes trailing to the shark boy in peaceful slumber. But his eyes trailed into an another path as Haru raised his hand up and looked at his wrist. He remembered the scene before-trembling before pulling it close to him.

Haru never really cared about these kinds of things, but he wondered...

Why does he feel like that was Makoto?

How can I tell you if you're the one causing the pain? His eyes immediately widened as the image of Makoto flashed into his mind. He saw the emotions mixed on his face; fear, anger, pain, anxiety and a broken heart. Was having a broken heart an emotion? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It's all a paradox for Haru as he tried to differeniate pain and a broken heart.

Pain might be the uncomfortable feeling of being hurt, but having a broken heart is something that blackens a person's mind.

His fingers lingered and played with Rin's silky strands when the doorbell rang, causing him to stand and run to the door.

To his surprise, a tall man with a big built stood in front of him. He stood with pitch black hair and turquoise eyes, and clad in an Olympic jacket. A glare is in his face, making Haru speechless in front of him.

'Sousuke?'

His turquoise eyes barged into Haru's deep, ocean blue ones, as if he is trying to find something. Sitting on the living room, the tension between them intensified as silence grew bigger betweem them. Both of them are speechless, unaware of what's in their minds. But Sousuke thought on the other hand. 'Where's Rin?'

'He's asleep,' He answered, looking at him while Sousuke averted eyes into skimming his surroundings. 'Sousuke, do you want tea?'

'Yeah, that's great.' Immediately, Haru stood up and went into the kitchen. While heating the water, he could not bear it but to ask; 'What made you come over here?'

'I was wondering if I could visit the both of you,' he answered, looking at the pictures on above the closet while Haru opened up the lid of the tea jar. 'It's been five years and I haven't even seen you in the party.'

'We actually went there.' He answered back. He was about lose grip of the kettle when Sousuke said; 'Have you seen Makoto, then?'

His eyes widened for a moment. He then hide his shock as he placed down the kettle and cup with the same blank expression, making Sousuke click his tongue. 'You mean you haven't seen him?'

He shook his head while Sousuke scratched the nape of his neck. 'Man, I thought you saw him. Right after you went to the comfort room, he suddenly appeared, so I wondered if you crossed each other's paths.'

Haru sat in silence, watching his guest sip tea. But he wondered why he feel so anxious-it's as if Sousuke is hiding something...

About Rin...

Sousuke drank his tea in silence, yet he could feel the prickly stare of the man in front of him, almost making him spit his drink. Shivers went down to his spine as he tried thinking of other things, which made Haru's mind frantic. To the latter's surprise, Sousuke stood up and went to the door.

Thinking what he did is rude, Haru hurried, almost making loud thuds on the wooden floor. He immediately grabbed his arm, making the man turn back with one eyebrow raised. 'Is tea all you came for? Or is it Rin?'

To his surprise, a smirk appeared in his face as he answered, 'Oh, how disgraceful of me to leave immediately. Well, my true intention of coming here is to see Rin but,'

Haru's eyes widened as Sousuke grabbed him the collar of his shirt, and gave a devilish look on his face as he added, 'What I really want to do is to warn you; Haru, it is not only you who Rin's been fucking with.'

And slowly, Sousuke walked, leaving Haru with widened eyes and trembling lips.

'So my little Makoto isn't little as we used to know, huh?'

Makoto was about to jerk and lose hold of his cigarette as soon as his father appeared from where he stood. Faint smoke went out from his mouth as he gazed at the star-filled sky. He gave a small chuckle, while his father leaned his back on the wall beside him. 'I guess he grew up and matured too much, and now he is the usual man that's smoking and drinking late at night.'

'You just smoked here because you don't want Ren and Ran to see you like this, huh?' His father looked up to the same direction to where he is looking, and felt that all this sudden change of his son is a cover-u. 'Like always, Makoto, you never changed a bit.'

'I didn't?' He glanced to see his son with the same pouting look in his face, and patted his head suddenly. 'Look at you, you little bean!'

'Father, I am already 23,' Makoto tried to cough off the smoke that choked him. 'Do I still look like a bean to you?'

'You still are, Makoto,' He turned back to the night sky, looking at the black-blue colour complimentee by shining stars and the glowing moon. 'No matter how'd you've changed, you're still the same everytime you're in closed doors.'

Makoto spoke nothing as he continued puffing his cigarette, but he suddenly dropped it when his father asker the question that he never expected.

'Why don't you meet Haru then?'