Drenched

Tic! Toc! Tic! Toc!
The time keep ticking and you scan around your room staring at all the gifts from your families and friends. A small smile crept on your lips as you glance at the time from your phone screen.

Few minutes later and this day is gonna end. Seems like you have to spend your birthday once again without him. Sighing, you decided to clean up a bit before change into your sleeping outfit.

Your friends and families were here earlier to celebrate your birthday party. It was fun and all. They know how much you miss him that's why they tried their best to cheer you up, but it didn't work.

It has to be him, no matter what. Nobody can replace.

After you done bathing and changed into comfort sleep wear, you notice a piece of paper folded on your night stand. Curiously, you took it and unfold it.

‘Happy Birthday Dahye, once again! We have the last yet the best surprise for you! Turn around, my daughter!’

It was your mom's handwriting, but you were confused so you turn around and you can't believe your eyes. The paper fall easily from your hand as soon as you saw who stand up before your eyes.

Jung Hoseok.

“Happy Birthday, Dahye! My little one, my shorty, my girl.” He smile brightly but instead of walking towards him, you took steps back which causing his bright smile suddenly dimmed down.

“Da-dahye! Listen…”

“What are you doing here?” a sharp question slipped from your mouth and the tears that you have been holding for these past years fall down without any warning.

“Dahye-ah, listen to me. I'm sorry I sh…”

“Do you think an apologize could fix my broken heart? Do you think it's enough to fill those lonely and sorrow day after you left me without any words, Jung Hoseok?” you started to throw him questions and his face fall as he stare at the ground for awhile.

Silence filled the room and the only sound that both of you can hear is the sound of you sobbing. He then let out a long sigh and look up to you.

“I know. I'm at fault and an apologize it's not enough that's why I'm here to explain everything. Can you please listen to me first?”

“When minutes become hours, when days become years and I don't know where you are. Colors seem so dull without you. My days are so lonely without you, and after years. After years not trying to contact me, you showed up, smiling brightly as if nothing ever happened between us? How should you expect me to react? Happy? Smiling? Laughing??”

“No. Of course no. Dahye I…” Hoseok can't finish his sentence when you throw yourself to him, hugging him as you crying on his chest.

“Have we lost our minds? What have we done? How many years are we gonna waste again, Hoseok? I feel hurted, of course, but you're here now! You're here! Other thing doesn't seem to matter anymore!”

“I know everything Hoseok. Jaehwan told me everything, about your feeling to me. I'm sorry if I'm too dense. Now tell me, is it too late to ask for love? Is it wrong to feel right, like right now? Yeah, I admit I'm mad when you left but when the world is winding down, thoughts of you linger around me and I can't spent a night without thinking about you.”

“Dahye, I love you.” He stated confudently, not hesitated no more and you were froze when you hear it.

Hoseok lowered himself a bit and hold both of your shoulder.

“I should've tell you sooner. I should've tell you that when I kissed you, but I can't. I can't say it then leave you like that. I don't manage to say it. I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry for leaving you to chase for my dreams. I'm sorry for leaving without any words and makes you wait in sorrow. I just can't manage to say those words because it will hurt you and I can't stand it.” He said and you don't spare any glance to anything but Hoseok.

“When you kissed me on that street, I kissed you back. You held me in your arms, I held you in mine. I was so happy inside, although I didn't say it. Not to mention but I was confused. Confused why you kissed me when we're just being friend. Confused because when I look into your eyes
I can hear you cry for a little bit more of you and I. I never know that it will be the last time for me to see you. But now...” you leave your sentence hanging and a smile crept again into your lips, but this time it's wider.

“It's not the last time, Dahye. I'm here now. I'm capable now and I can finally claim you as my girlfriend. I don't want you to be ashame to have me as your boyfriend, that's why I left, sorry again. Please, forgive me and accept me. I love you, like really really love you, I…”

Obviously, you cut him again but this time not with words but

Your lips.

“I'm drenched in your love, Hoseok and I'm no longer able to hold it back. I'm already yours when you kissed me back then and I'll always be yours.”

“Thank you, please accept my heart as your birthday gift and take care of it well, would you? Because I also, drenched in your love.”