Protect Us

Jung Hoseok, BTS's j-hope, ARMY's sunshine and her precious lovable boyfriend.

Park Dahye, his super clingy girlfriend. He loves you, he really does but lately he's reaching his limit.

Hoseok isn't the type of boyfriend who started the fight. He didn't ask for much and he rarely stay mad at you for long but lately he's been holding up himself too much for you.

The thing is, even though he's so patient with you, he can't help it lately since you're being way too clingy lately. But just by him being himself, he can't manage to be honest with you.

"Why aren't you pick up my calls, Hobi? Where are you??" you asked once Hoseok finally pick up your calls.

Hoseok inhales deeply and about to say, "You called ten times already, I told you I’ll be there a little later. Even my friends take note of you, I’m so uncomfortable." but that was just in his imagination. Instead, he fake a smile behind his phone.

"I'm with my friends, Hye-ah. I told you before, right?" He asked sweetly calming you down.

"Who are them? Did I know any of them?" You increased your voice in purpose, hopefully if there are girls around there they might hear your voice.

You can't help but feel worried and anxious everytime he's away from you. It's not that you didn't trust him but you didn't trust his friends. Hoseok is a gentle man and he's too kind to refuse things. Of course, you always feel worried.

For the second time, he inhales deeply before closing his eyes. "You talk loudly on purpose, though you know people can hear. You cross the line, thinking that there’s other girls here? You’re only satisfied when you know everything, don't you? You only stop doubting if I invite you to everything. Isn't it?"

"Hobi?? Are you there?" You asked because he didn't say anything. Yes, those are just in his mind. He didn't manage to say it out loud for you.

No, he loves you too much for that, and that's what makes him suffer and feel uncomfortable.

"Yes I'm here. I'll call you again okay?" And with that he hung up the phone makes you feel more anxious.

'Why did he hung up his phone suddenly? Did someone approaching him?'

You used to trust him so much and never doubt him. Even he once questioned you if you ever feel jealous when he hang out with his female friends.

"I took some photos with my female friends, you might saw them post it later in social media."

"Okay."

"Are you mad?"

"No, why should I?"

"Well, the other members always tell their girlfriends about this kind of stuffs, so they won't misunderstood and all. So I told you as well."

"I trust you Hoseok. So you don't have to worry about me being jealous and misunderstood. Just please don't ruin my trust."

That's what happened 3 months ago before you changed. You saw him in a café with a girl and they looked all happy together. That's how you started to feel insecure and even though Hoseok explained to you that it's just one of his friend, you can't forget how you experienced that scene with your own eyes.

Maybe it's trauma, maybe it's just you being overprotective, or maybe it's just your feelings for him. Maybe you just love him too much.

"Hobi..." you muttered that night when you were laying on his arms and he answered it with a hum. "What's on your mind right now?"

"Huh? Me?"

"Yeah, it looks like you have lots of thought. What is it?"

"Um, nothing important." He answers and slowly you sat up and lean the weight on your arms, staring at him who studying your every moves.

"Be honest with me. You know you can tell me everything." You coax him as your hands do it's job, brushing over his sharp jawline.

"Everything?" And like an innocent kid, he asked for confirmation.

"Yeah, everything. I want you to share everything in your mind. Everything that bothers you." You assured him.

Hoseok then inhales deeply before holding your gaze again.

"Promise me you won't get mad and you should trust the last line because it's the truth." As if he got hypnotized, he also started to playing with your long black hair.

Without any words, you just nod and he close his eyes for few seconds before he started.

"Whenever the phone rings, it gets on my nerves. Even when I’m home alone, I feel like I’ll see you. I like it when you calls me but sometime it's just too much.

Whoever I met, wherever I go, whatever I do, can you sometime pretend you don’t know even if you do? Like, pretend you haven’t seen even if you have? Stop caring so much and trust me can you?" He started and you froze, is it real?

"Whenever my phone rings again, I know you’re obviously gonna nag again if I’m not next to you. As if you’re not good at anything without me, even though I know you do and it repeats. Trust me, Hye. I like you too and it’s nice being together all the time but don’t overdo it. I’ll get sick of you at that rate.

I wish you could meeting other people, spending time for yourself. Even if you’re not good at that, pretend you can, pretend you’re good at being alone. Please get away from me to some extent. Let me breathe, just let me breathe for awhile. Give me space to breathe. I don't want to get sick of you, so please help me a bit okay? Trust me, like I trust you." Hoseok pause a bit before he sat up in panic.

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Did I said that all out loud? Oh my God I'm sorry, Dahye. I love you. I really do, please forget about what you've heard just now. I shouldn-" he keep blabbering so you pull him close and give him a hug that successfully shut him down.

"It's alright, Hobi. It's okay, really."

"B-but-"

"I'm surprised, of course but I'm glad you tell me bluntly about it. I'm so glad you tried your best to protect us." You parting a bit to cup his confused yet blank face. "Instead of keep silent about my annoying treatment, you told me about it, to protect us and that's what matter the most. Thank you for your cute confession, Hobi. I love you too."

"What cute confession? I'm trembling hard afraid that you might leave me after I confessed about what in my mind!" He exclaimed and pull you in for another hug. "I love you, Hye."

Theme Song: Breathe by Infinite