His Mistress

The upbeat music was echoing the whole dance floor. Claps, footsteps, cheers, yells was heard through out somehow despite the loud volume of the music.

Your sweat was willingly to flow beautifully as you move your body. This what you like about this so called dance floor, first; you will forget literally EVERYTHING once you step on this dance floor, second you found the love of your life in here, but

It's not a romantic nor cool love stories, it was painful, pathetic, yet unfaithful love story, why? Because you're not his official one, yes, in other words, you're his mistress.

Jung Hoseok, the most famous male dancer in the city, he is a married man and you fully aware of it, yet you can't let him go, just like he can't let you go.

While you, the most famous female dancer in the city, mostly got paired up with J-Hope - his nickname - in any dance event, and that's what public thought about your relationship with him, only a dance partner, since they knew about his wife.

Both of you were having this secret affair that nobody know about it except your squad and his close friends. In the other words, he was cheating from his wife to be with you, and you don't seems to care if one day public found out, because you know him first, you love him first, you had him first.

Before he get married, both of you were dating secretly, until one day she snatched him away from you, then both of you decided to keep this secret affair until now. It has been 3 years, and slowly you were tired of being his mistress.

You want to be his official one.

You want to be his only one.

You want to kiss him on dance floor.

There was a moment when you almost lose yourself on the dance floor, just like now, the dance was intense and hot, he was holding your waist and your hand was behind his head, pulling him closer. Forehead was touched and without thinking you lean in, but he stopped your movements as he backaway but still in dance steps.

“We're in public, Jooyeon.” he whisper slowly but in bitter tones. You didn't answer him.

Mix feelings filled your inside, embarrassed, anger, sad, disappointed. The only moment you can stole to have him by yourself was only when the curtains falls, behind the closed doors, when nobody's watching.

Not in public

Not in the street.

Nor in the dance floor.

But it will never be enough, at least not for you.

The performance ended perfectly like always. People always cheered for both of you, and sometimes you even heard from your friends, there are many people wishing he was marrying you instead of his wife.

“Jooyeon.” He called you softly once the dance was ended perfectly.

You didn't answer but keep managing your stuffs in your locker.

“Why you did that?” He asked softly, knowing you listen to him.

“I'm tired, Hoseok. I wanna go home.” you grab your last things and turn around, about to leave him but of course he didn't let you.

“I'll drive you home. Are you hungry? How about-”

“No need. Your wife must be waiting.” you snap harshly and walk passed him.

⠀---

Few weeks passed, and you've been successfully avoiding him. You tried to going out with a nice guy which is your friend's friend. He was fun and nice to hang with, but still you can fake a smile and laugh hardly, but deep inside you were bleeding, still thinking of Hoseok.

That nice guy just sent you home after a chilling “date” with him on the park but before you reach your door, a message came from your handphone.

‘I want to see you, can I come over?’

You feel ache in your chest, and you barely can't breath.

‘I'm at outside, maybe later.’

You replied and continue walking, but once you unlocked your door and get in, there you saw him, standing not far from the window, with a not happy face.

“Why you lied?”

“Go home, Hoseok. I'm tired.” you replies, ignoring him as you walk away.

“Why can't you look at me? Look at me in the eyes, Jooyeon.” He catch you and hold your shoulder, turn you around.

“Because everytime I see you, I die a little more.” you replies and flash him a bitter smile.

“Jooyeon, what happened? We're fine weeks ago, why can't we do this like we used to do? Is it because of that new guy??”

“Yes, at least he makes me happy and my heart didn't ache as much as when I'm with you.” you lied.

“Really?” he furrow his eyebrow, Hoseok know you too well, he even know perfectly you were lying right now. “When you're with him, do you call his name like you do when you're with me? Does it feel the same?” He ask confidently.

You stare on the ground, can't barely look at him.

“Jooyeon, I know you were lying. Tell me, what happened? Why you avoiding me?”

“Like what I told you, I'm tired-”

“Tired of what??” He shout suddenly and you were taken back. You know Hoseok was so scary when he mad, but never once he raise his voice on you. “I'm going crazy because of you, Jooyeon. You know I love you, but why you keep avoiding me?”

“I'm tired, of being your mistress. I'm tired because I can't show to the world the love that we're making. I'm mad at my self because I can't hold you in the street, I'm mad at you because I can't kiss you on the dance floor, tell me why, Hoseok? Why can't we be like that??? I wish we could be like that!!” you shouted back, you cried, let out everything you kept inside.

“Jooyeon.” He whisper slowly and pull you to him, hugging you tightly as he caress your back. You can't help but cry harder. “You know this, we got a love that is homeless and hopeless, but my love for you is real, and we both know that I'm yours and I'm meant to be with you just like you meant for me.”

“No, I'm not meant for you.” you parting a bit still crying.

“It's obvious you're meant for me. Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly. Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep but I just never show it on my face.”

“If we're meant to be for each other, you won't marrying another woman, Jung Hoseok!!! Don't you know I'm hurting? 3 years! I've been hiding for these 3 years, what did you expect me to do?” you shouted weakly.

“Every time people asked about why I'm still alone? Why I never fall in love? Do you know how I feel?? I wanna shout it from the rooftop, that I'm in love, but I can't! Why can't I say that I'm in love?? You know why?? Because my love for you stopped my self. I don't want people bad mouthed about you. Now tell me, where did I do wrong? Why I can't be happy when I'm loving you?” you cried harder and broke down, kneeling on the floor.

Hoseok was still hugging you, and you can barely hear him sniffing too.

“If loving me... was killing you, if that can't makes you happy.. y-you're free to leave me, Jooyeon.” you hear him stuttering.

“What are you saying?” you asked after parting and cup his wet cheeks.

“I'm letting you go, Jooyeon. Although it's hard and painful, but I can't be selfish and keep you by my side while I can't give you the love that you deserved. You deserved better, Jooyeon. Much better than me.” He fake a bitter smile as he wipe away your tears.

You shake your head as your tears still flowing uncontrollably, “No, please don't say that. I love you, Hoseok and I-” he cut you off by crashing his lips on yours.

He pull you closer and cup your cheeks. It was beautiful yet painful kiss. He kiss you in a very slow and you know it will be the last kiss that you both share.

“And I love you too, Jooyeon. You might think you're my mistress all of this time, but for me, you're my everything, the love in my life. We might meet in a wrong time, but my choice of loving you was never wrong to me. I'm not sure about other thing, but one thing, loving you was the right choice, and I never regret any moments we stole together, when the curtain falls, behind the closed doors, under the sheets on your bed, it's the most beautiful moment in my life.” He added after parting.

You both then shared a tight hug, a bitter and painful hug, a farewell hug, knowing after this you will miss his scent, his warms, and his love. Farewell was never an easy thing, especially with the love ones, but you believe, if he was the one for you, he will be yours again and you are gonna living by waiting for that day, someday.

Theme Song: Secret Love Song by Little Mix -