Ch.18 - Time to play games

Y/n's pov

I'm currently in town with Clarke and O and we hear someone say our names and we turn around and roll our eyes once we see who it is.

"Kendall why are you here?" I ask and she smiles at the three of us

"Oh I'm just on a assignment" she says innocently

"What's the assignment nothing has happened that involves the FBI to come out here" Clarke says and Kendall looks at us.

"You're right but still" she teases

"Just tell us why you're out here Jenner" O says

"I'm here to recruit Y/n" she says and my eyes widen

"Why does the FBI want to recruit me?" I asked

"Because you're the best agent at the CIA and you're too good for them so, the boss sent me with an offer cut ties with the CIA and come to the FBI and he'll pay you three times what you're making now" she says

"Well tell him thanks but no thanks I like where I'm at now" I say and Clarke and O start walking past her and I follow but Kendall grabs my arm.

"Listen L/n this is my job on the line it's either you join or I get fired so you better come with me or you'll regret it" she whispers harshly in my ear and I smirk

"Well I guess you better start looking for another job then Jenner" I say and walk past her.

Kendall's pov

After Y/n walks away I get a phone call from my boss.

"Kendall I assume you've talked to agent L/n" he says

"Uh yes sir I have"

"And"

"She refused the offer" I said and he sighs

"Well I'm sorry Jenner but you're fired" he says

"Please sir just-"

"No I've given you too many chances and I mean it your fired don't bother coming back to headquarters" he says and hangs up on me. He actually fucking fired me all because of fucking Y/n, she ruined my life that was the only thing I had going for me and she ruined it. Well now I'm going to ruin hers and I know exactly how to do it.

Y/n's pov

I will admit that I feel kinda bad that Kendall's job was depending on if I joined the other agency or not but I couldn't leave the CIA, I have a great team and I couldn't betray them or chief for that matter. I went back to the hotel with Clarke and O.

"Glad you said no to that offer Y/n we all would've missed you" O said and Clarke nods

"Are you kidding there's no way I would've taken that deal, you all are like family to me and you don't just leave your family." I said and they hug me

"Awww you love us" Clarke said and O laughs

"Yeah yeah" I say and roll my eyes and smile, I feel my phone vibrate and I pull it out to see that Hailee texted.

Hailee: Hey got time for that rain check you owe me?

Me: Sure what do you have planned?

Hailee: Uh well I just thought we could do something fun, like go mini golfing or something

Me: Sure Haiz that sounds fun wanna pick me up I'm too lazy to drive

Hailee: Sure you lazy ass I'll be there in a few.

I wait in the lobby until I get a text saying that she's here and she drives us to a mini golf course.

"I hope you're ready to loose Haiz" I smile and she rolls her eyes

"Please we all know I'm going to win" she laughs. We go to the first hole and I let her go first and she hits the ball to hard and it goes into the water and I bust out laughing.

"You sure you're going to win this Haiz?" I laugh and she rolls her eyes and goes to get another ball, when she comes back I take my turn and I get a hole in one and I smirk and look at her.

"Shut up I already know what you're going to say" she says and I laugh. We get about halfway through the course until Hailee gets a phone call and she looks at me and apologizes saying that it's her agent and I nod. She comes back and looks down

"Sorry Y/n but my agent just called and said that I have to go to the studio and record a song" she says and I nod

"Oooooo someone gets to sing another song that will be played on the radio for months" I say nudging her and she rolls her eyes and pushes me slightly mumbling a whatever.

"You know you can come if you want right?" She says and I think about it for a few seconds

"Alright" I say and we drive off to the studio.

"Um Haiz?"

"Yeah?"

"Just to be clear I was totally crushing you sooo"

"Yeah yeah whatever Y/n" she rolls her eyes and I laugh. We get to the studio and I watch as she records her song.

Hailee's pov

"Ok Hailee we just need you to sing the chorus one last time" the guy says and I give him a thumbs up and I look over to Y/n who's smiling. If only you knew this song was about you but you can be so oblivious at times but it's cute.

"Ready?" The guy says and I nod and I her the track play in my ear and I look at Y/n while I sing.

"I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you, Don't need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo.
By the way, by the way, you do things to my body, I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you.

By the way, by the way, you do things to my body, I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you" I sing and they all start clapping.

"That's a wrap thanks Hailee" he says and I walk out of the recording booth.

"That was great Haiz I already know the song is going to be a hit" she says and I smile and hug her.

"Thanks Y/n" I pull back and we get in the car so I can take her back to the hotel. I pull up and give her one last hug before she leaves.

Y/n's pov

I walk to my room and lay down on the couch.

"Where have you been?" O asked

"I was with my friend Hailee" I says and she nods we hang around the room until it's time for the team dinner, I sit next to Mal and I squeeze her hand.

"You ready for tomorrow?" I ask and she grins and nods. Tomorrow is her birthday. We eat dinner and Mal, Rose and Kelley decided to crash with us tonight.

"Goodnight Mal I love you" I say kissing her

"I love you too Y/n"

-------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys I thought I would do a double update because ya know why the heck not🤷‍♀️ I hope you guys like it and as always don't forget to comment and vote!