Ch.19 - Birthday

Y/n's pov

I wake up and I smile at the thought of it being Mal's birthday today, I look down to see that she's still sleeping peacefully so I slip out of bed and decided to make her breakfast. I finish cooking around 8:30 so I take the food to her in the bedroom and gently shake her awake.

"Happy birthday Mal" I smile and kiss her and she smiles into the kiss.

"Thank you" she says and I hand her the breakfast I made her and she smiles at me and I sit in the room with her and we talk about plans for the day while she eats. I take the dishes and quickly clean them while Mal gets ready for the day and in the meantime Clarke, Kelley, O and Rose come out of their rooms and I smile at them and call them over.

"I need you all to help to help me with Mal's surprise later" I say but not to loudly as Mal could finish with her shower any minute.

"What do you need?" O asked and they gathered around a little closer.

"I have two list Clarke and Kel I need you two get everything on this list and O and Rose I need you to get everything on this list" I say handing them the list and money so they can get everything on those list, they nod and get ready to go out to get the things and they leave.
I sit on the couch and Mal calls me so I go to the bathroom.

"Yeah what's up you ok?" I ask and she comes out of the bathroom with a towel on.

"Uh I kinda forgot to bring clothes with me" she blushes and I nod and I pull out some shorts and a shirt for her and hand them to her and she goes back into the bathroom, she comes out and I smile.

"You look cute in my clothes" I say and she blushes and gives me a kiss. We run into some of the team and they wish Mal a happy birthday and she thanks them. We drive to a local field that happens to be empty and Mal looks at me confused.

"What's this?"

"Well you know how you always said you wanted to play me in soccer?" I say and her eyes widened and she gets excited.

"This is going to be so much fun" she yells running onto the field and I laugh.

"Yeah fun for you you're gonna cream me for sure" I say walking up to her with a ball and we start a game and like I said I got crushed.

"That was so much fun I think I finally found something you can't do" she laughs and so do I. We head out to lunch and I get a text from Clarke saying that she and Kelley have everything on the list and I ask them to get it ready and they said not a problem and I thank them. Mal and I talk about what else she wants to do and she said that she wanted to go shopping so I said I would take her after lunch.

"I drive to the mall and I follow Mal around from store to store buying what she said she liked, she's currently in a dressing room when I get a text from O.

Octavia: Hey we got everything on the list I really think she's gonna love everything.

Me: That's great thanks O can you set it up at the spot I showed you?

Octavia: Yeah no problem Rose and I will go do that now.

Me: Thanks O!

I close our convo when I hear Mal call me and I walk in and stop dead in my tracks.

"What do you think?" She asked biting her lip

"You look amazing, Mal I love it" I say taking in the sight before me and she smiles and kisses me. I leave the room so she can change back and I buy the dress for her. We finish shopping and we go back to the hotel and watch a movie until it's time for my surprise.