Stop Stop It

Being above the term 'commoner' was tiring, but being surrounded by people even more above the term was completely draining

Zitao was half-dragging himself by the time they return home. Well, house. Because a home is something-you know what? Forget. He's so done using his brain for the day and just want to lay down or play with Kandy to relieve his stress. With that in mind, he bid his cousins good night and went to the door that leads to the basement.

Or what's supposed to be a basement base on rich people's standard.

Opening the door, Zitao was greeted by a hallway with a decent size and length painted in white. The wall lamps were on and he thank the Gods above for it so. It made the place less scarier and lessened his fear of the fact that his room was directly in front of Oh Sehun. But then again, it also made it look like it's a tunnel to the afterlife. Which might not be wrong because he swear he could hear Sehun plot his death from the walls.

Inhaling a deep breath, he trudged the four flights of stairs and made his way to his room.

He opened his door and the automatic lights turned on. The first time it did, he nearly shit his pants but now, it already lost it charm. Which he thinks was good because it meant that he could easily adapt to this whole rich and the famous lifestyle. Not that he wasn't already rich in the first place.

Nu-uh.

The only reason why he lived like a peasant for five years was because his parents thought that it'd be a great idea to send him to his aunt to learn the art of farming. They said something about "you should learn not to relay on money too much, Tao! So here's your ticket and passport and my sister will be waiting for your arrival!" and they run off to the Amazon Rainforest to document the lives of monkey-people or something like that.

Honestly, who in the right mind says that to their eleven years old son?

Also, his Aunt and her husband was no better because they act poor for reasons unknown.

Whatever.

It doesn't concern him nor was he even interested.

"Kandy, I'm back." He called out as he placed his bag on the nearest sofa. He went to the mini fridge beside it to take a bottle of water. Usually, he would hear a soft pitter-patter of paws the moment he calls but Zitao already downed half of the bottle and no cute Tea Cup Poodle was still in sight. Frowning, he roamed his eyes inside the room.

"Kandy?" He called out again, this time going to where his bedroom was.

When he saw no pup around, Zitao started to panic. He clearly remembered leaving him inside before going to school (not forgetting to leave some food for him to chew on). Did somebody entered his room while he was away? If yes, then who?! Why would they even take Kandy in the first place?! Of all expensive things they could steal why must it be-