Baby, Don't Cry

There's only a week left before summer break and everything is a fucking mess

Joonmyun doesn't feel good; both from the fact that Minseok raised his hand on Jongdae and how the words of his younger brother is still gripping on his heart like some huge assed hand.

He never want it to happen, really. His intentions are good. All he want is for them to stay out of trouble but it seems like not all good intentions are always for the best.

Sniffing the new batch of tears that are threatening to fall, he hugs his knees closer to his chest. Beside him, Minseok is not saying anything. He has his back on the wall and is eyeing the door to the study with a blank expression. They could hear the soft voices of their Uncle Siwon and Mrs. Lu as they converse, possibly assessing the current situation, and Joonmyun is once again reminded of the fight that transpired.

"Don't worry yourself too much," Minseok suddenly speaks, his eyes not leaving the door. Joonmyun finds the uncharacteristic maturity in his voice a little unnerving. He isn't used to seeing the boy this way. The Minseok in his memory is a clueless baby who reprimands you in the most childish kind of way.

Then again, Minseok is also the most complex person that he knows.

Not knowing what to respond, Joonmyun simply bobs his head.

It takes another fifteen minutes for Siwon and Rongjia to finally emerge out of the study, and per usual, their uncle is looking like sunshine incarnate and it's sort of getting on Joonmyun's nerves. Behind him, Mrs. Lu is looking tired and so done with the world.

A complete opposite.

"I'm sorry that this mess had to happen, Joonmyun dear." The woman says and holds the boy's hand who had stood up the moment the door opened. "I feel like I failed you. I even promised your father that I would not let anything happen to any of you but obviously I wasn't able to do that." then she ends with a low dejected sigh.

"It's okay, Auntie. I understand that you're busy." Joonmyun replies. There was no way in hell that either of Mr. And Mrs. Lu could look after them, especially with how busy they are. Mr. Lu is always out of the country on some business trip and Rongjia is busy managing their Korean branch, and no shade whatsoever, they can barely take care of Lu Han. That's why he became so crazy.

"I'm gonna have to talk to Han about this. Wait, I should call Fon first and see what he'd say." The woman frets before facing Minseok who only blinks in return. "Don't worry honey, I will save you from the hungry jaws of my own son." Is what she says as she squeezes the boy's face in between her hands.

"That's great!" Siwon exclaims from his spot before approaching Joonmyun and pulls him and Minseok in a hug. "See? You kids should stop putting your boxer's in a bunch and if it's Jongdae you're worried about, Jia here says that as long as he's with Yixing, he'll be fine." The look the woman throws him is a mixture of annoyance and disappointment. And it is then the man realizes that he probably shouldn't mention his youngest nephew and Rongjia's nephew in one sentence.