Chapter 16

a/n: who clicked at the notification so fast ? [ lmao, i like seeing comments like these xD ]

-

CHAPTER 16
The Battle

Taehyung nibbled on his own lips to break the string of saliva connecting his and Jimin's mouth.

The latter took this opportunity to move and lay on his side, staring directly unto Taehyung's face, giving him a small, satisfied smile. "Did that make you forget about what happened?"

"... yeah." Taehyung replied, but he lied. Because deep inside, their kiss only made him feel a lot worse. He knew he wasn't thinking straight at that time, so instead of forgetting, it only made him miss a certain someone.

'I don't have to miss that guy, I deserve better.' he thought to himself.

"Tae, can I ask you a question?" Jimin asked waiting for the other to at least nod before continuing. "What are we?"

"...humans?"

He raised the back of his palm to cover his lips as he laughed. "No, not like that."

"What do you mean?" Taehyung questioned, locking his eyes with the other.

Jimin propped his head with his right hand and balanced himself with his elbow, letting out a sigh. "Sure, friends do go on friendly dates, but we both know that normal friends don't make out, that's unusual. Plus you probably know this by now, but I have developed some feelings for you."

The younger boy gulped a lump in his throat, now he knew what Jimin was talking about. Yes, he knew that Jimin had romantic feelings for him, and even if he wanted to feel the same, he just can't push himself. He only saw the older as a friend, a best friend perhaps, but nothing more than that.

"So I'm guessing we're a little bit more than friends, aren't we?"

"Jiminie..." Taehyung sighed as he thought of less hurtful words to say. "W-We could go on a 'friends-that-are-dating' status, b-but I don't want to label us with anything other than that at the moment... I'm sorry."

Jimin noticed how the other was struggling to find some words, so he ruffled his hair and gave a small smile. "It's okay, I understand. I don't want to pressure you after being led on by a person you like."

'He didn't led me on, we were real, unofficially real.'

"I'll stay right beside you until you fall asleep, so rest for tonight." Jimin pushed Taehyung's bangs aside and fixed his position so they would be both comfortable. "Don't stress about everything, your birthday is close, I'm sure things would get better for you quick."

Taehyung felt touched hearing the words he wanted to hear, swiftly, he scooted a bit closer to Jimin's chest and hugged him to feel his warmth. "Thank you for your kind words, Jiminie. Good night"

He felt tired from crying and over thinking all day, so Taehyung closed his eyes and slept. After a while, Jimin knew that the other was already sleeping soundly, so he ran his fingers unto Taehyung's back, softly so he wouldn't wake him up.

"Whatever it takes..." he whispered. "I'll make you fall for me."

-

On the day of Taehyung's birthday, as always on every year, it was just a normal hectic day of finishing paperwork to be submitted before the holiday break.

Waking up earlier this morning, Taehyung thought Jimin would be the first one to greet him this year, but he was wrong.

The boy was no longer in his bed when he woke up to say good morning, the only thing in his bed was a sticky note saying;