The Way

Let me just say I did not expect this series to go on to a third book. So thank you to all who have been reading since the beginning and sticking with it. Enough with my talk, enjoy the first chapter.

"There is one way," Poseidon spoke ignoring Ares. "A dangerous way. You may not make it back alive."

Delta looked at all of her friends. They all met each other's eyes and unanimously made their decision. Delta looked right at her father. "What is it?"

"We created a stone-"

Leo cut Poseidon off. "Of course ya did!" Leo exclaimed as he threw his hands up. All the gods glared at him. Piper hit him upside the head. "Ow! We were all thinking it!"

"We've been over this Leo," Piper scolded. "That doesn't mean you say it." Leo just rolled his eyes.

"As we were saying," Zeus carried on what Poseidon was saying. "It's called the stone of power.  It can make one more powerful and restore ones former powers."

"Why did you create it?" Annabeth asked curious.

"We created such a stone in case if ever was a time of need in which the forces of evil became too great for us the duty would be bestowed upon the children of the gods," Zeus explained. Everyone looked at him dumbfounded.

"He means we got bored," Poseidon corrected.

"That too," Zeus agreed.

"Where's the stone?" Delta asked.

"It is hidden on an island off the coast of California," Zeus answered.

"But that's quite a few islands," Annabeth pointed out. "How do we know which one it is?"

"This island is hidden from mortals and is just a legend to them," Zeus explained. "You go to the docks of San Diego, ask for Roger, show him some drachma, and he'll take you to the island."

"Sound simple enough," Percy commented.

"One other thing," Zeus continued. "Beware, once you set foot on the island you can not leave unless you have the stone, and so far no one who has gone to the island has made it back."

Delta turned around and faced her friends. "I understand if you guys don't want to go. I won't put all of you in danger just for me."

"Too bad, Delta," Percy responded. "I think I speak for all of us when I say, we're coming with you." The rest of them nodded in agreement.

"I may be new to the group," Alex started, "but there's no way we're letting you go alone."

"We got your back, Delta," Piper assured.

"You can't get rid of us that easily," Leo joked.

"We're here for you," Jason assured.

"I said I'd do anything for you didn't I," Annabeth stated.

"You guys really are the best," Delta smiled.

"Tell us something we don't know," Leo remarked.

Delta turned back to the gods and looked at Zeus. "We'll do it. We'll go to the island and get the stone."

"Very well," Zeus nodded once. "A quest is to be issued. You will need a prophecy."

All eyes turned to Apollo. Apollo put his hands together. "Ooo, this'll be fun."