Talking (For Real This Time) Part II

HOLY SHIT I FOUND MOTIVATION! Don't ask how cuz I don't even know, maybe you can tell me so I don't lose it again. BUT YEAH I GIVE THEE A CHAPTER! ENJOY IT AND PEACE!

Delta met Annabeth's eyes. "That's the thing, you don't know it. We weren't able to stop him last time. If you forgot I kinda died."

"Yeah but this time we know what he's doing. No one will die."

"I really hope so." Delta looked down.

"Well I know so," a voice said from behind them. They both turned around faster than lightning only to see Alex standing there. "You're stronger this time Delta." Alex sat down next to her.

"No I'm not. If anything I'm weaker, I lost my powers, remember?"

"That's not what I meant." Alex looked at Annabeth silently telling her to leave them. Annabeth didn't say anything and just stood up and started to leave. Delta looked at her confused, but didn't say anything. Once Annabeth was gone Alex continued. "I meant mentally, emotionally."

Delta looked Alex in the eyes. "That doesn't make sense."

"Sure it does. When Jack first controlled you you were vulnerable, right? John had just passed, you were feeling alone, unwanted?" Delta looked down and nodded. "But you don't anymore, right? You know we all care about you. Otherwise we wouldn't even be here. We all want to help you and make sure you don't die. You're not alone, and this time you know it. In my opinion that makes you stronger than last time."

"I know you guys care," Delta replied as she looked out at the water. "I do, I really do. But sometimes he makes me doubt it."

"Well let me ask you this. What have any of them done to make you think they don't care?" Delta gave Alex a "really?" expression. "Recently, I mean."

Delta thought about it, and shrugged. "Nothing I guess."

"Then why do believe anything that Jack tells you?"

"It's hard not to when you've felt like that your whole life."

"Well it's time for you to stop feeling like that. We all care about you, even me and I've only known you for like three days." They both chuckled at that fact.

"I guess you're right."

"Um, excuse you, I'm always right."

"You wish," Delta laughed as she gave him a light shove, which ended up making him fall over making them both laugh.

When they finally calmed down Alex asked, "You good now?"

Delta nodded. "I'm fabulous," she replied as she flipped her.

Alex smiled, "No need to tell me twice." Delta blushed as she looked down trying to hide it. Man was she glad it was night time. "Come on then." Alex stood up and offered his hand. "Percy's probably worried." Delta smiled up at him and took his hand. So hand in hand they walked back to the others.