Crush

Delta was panting. "I'm done. I'm done."

Annabeth stared at her. "Delta, we've only been at it for ten minutes."

Delta looked at her surprised. "Seriously?" Annabeth nodded. "Damn I am out of shape."

"Yes, you are," Annabeth agreed. "Which is why we need to train."

"We can continue tomorrow. I'm done for the day." Delta fell backwards onto the sand to lay down.

"Fine," Annabeth relented as she sheathed her dagger and sat down next to her. It was quite for a moment as Delta steadied to breathing.

"Hey Annabeth," Delta started as she sat up. "How did you know that you liked Percy?"

Annabeth looked at her confused. "Why do you ask?"

Delta looked down as her cheeks became red. "No reason."

"Oh my gods, you have a crush on someone," Annabeth observed.

"No I don't!" Delta looked up at Annabeth. "At least I don't think I do. I don't know if I like him or not. I need help."

"Sorry Delta, but I am not good with this. You need Piper."

Delta groaned and covered her face with her hands as she laid back down. Just then Piper bursted through the trees. She looked around until finally she spotted Annabeth and Delta. She jogged over to them. "Finally I found you!" Piper exclaimed. "I have looked all over camp. Though I probably should've checked here first. Of course you'd be here. Anyway, that's not the point. Annabeth, Percy wants to be with you before we leave for the quest because Tyson already left."

"So I'm the second choice?" Annabeth asked to clarify.

"Yeah pretty much."

"Oh Seaweed Brain." Annabeth stood up and started to walk to the trees, but stopped and turned around. "Oh, Piper, Delta needs your Aphrodite side. Boy trouble."

"Ooooooo," Pipers face lit up and she turned to Delta who was now sitting up. "I got you boo."

Annabeth laughed. "How is it that you're the biggest tomboy, until one of us has something to do with love?"

Piper looked back at her with no expression. "Blame my mother."

"Oh trust me, I already do," Annabeth replied as she turned around and left.

Piper sat next to Delta. "So what's this about boy troubles? Do you have a crush?"

Delta groaned. "That's the problem, I don't know."

"Well, what do you think about him?" Piper asked.

"I mean, he's nice to me, he's helped me out, he's funny and cute, and he's going to risk his life for me."

"Wait a second," Piper said. "Going to risk his life? Is he coming on the quest?"

Delta's eyes went wide as she realized her slip up.

"He is isn't he?!" Piper squealed excited. "Okay let's see." Piper held up her fingers. "There's no way you're crushing on Percy. You better not be crushing on Jason. There's no way you like Leo. So that leaves......oh my gods you like Alex!"

Delta covered Piper's mouth with her hand. "Shout it to the world why don't ya." Delta removed her hand.

"Sorry," Piper apologized. "So do you?"

"I guess I do," Delta shrugged. "But is it weird? I mean, he's two years older than me."

"So? Age is just a number. Besides, two years isn't bad. I've seen worse. You should go for him."

"But I feel like I'm betraying John. I know he wants me to be happy and move on, but I don't know." Delta looked down.

"You're not betraying him. He wants you to be with someone else, so you should."

Delta looked up and smiled at Piper. "You're right. I'll talk to him after the quest."

"Good." Then they heard the horn for breakfast. Piper stood up. "Come on, lets go eat." Piper offered Delta her hand to help her up and she took it. Together they walked off to the dining pavilion.