Funeral

When they finally reached home Chiron came up to them. He was about to congratulate them when he saw Alex. "I'm sorry for your loss," he said instead knowing they wouldn't want to be congratulated. They didn't say anything and just nodded.

"We need a shroud," Delta spike after a moment. "He deserves a proper burial."

Chiron nodded. "Of course. I will get campers on it. For now relax and go eat breakfast." They handed Alex to Chiron and went to the dining pavilion.

When they got there they said bye to each other and went to their assigned tables. None of them felt like eating. At the Poseidon table it was completely silent. "You okay?" Percy finally got the courage to ask Delta.

"I died, Percy," Delta reminded him like he didn't already know. "And when I came back to life for the second time I realized the guy I loved was dead, so tell me Percy. Am I okay?"

Percy looked down. "Okay, I get it. You're not okay, I don't blame you. First John then Alex, it's hard. I won't pretend to understand cuz I don't. But it'll be okay."

"That's the thing Percy, it won't be okay." With that the horn went off. Finally it was time for the funeral.

They went to the amphitheater and saw Alex's body covered by the shroud atop a stand of wood. The shroud was  gray with little white strings along the edges and in the center was a caduceus, the sign of Hermes.

Everyone was sitting and Chiron went to the front. "We are gathered here today to honor the death of Alex West. He died sacrificing himself to help his friends. Delta?" He looked at her. "Would you like to say anything?"

Delta stood up from where she was sitting and stood next to Chiron. "Alex was special. He was there for me when I needed him, and I couldn't ask for a better friend. He sacrificed himself to stop his brother from killing us all. From what I heard he thought he would be going to the fields of punishment, but I know Alex. He going to Elysium. I-" Delta stopped herself before she broke down. "I'm sorry." Delta ran off into the woods crying. She just couldn't do it. Not again.

Percy started to get up to go after her but Annabeth pulled him back down. "I got this," she whispered to him before running off after her. Annabeth already knew where she went and went there too, not at all surprised to see her when she arrived. Delta always ran to water whether she realized it or not. Must be a Poseidon thing. Annabeth sat next to her. They didn't bother saying anything both knowing it wouldn't help the situation. Delta rested her head on Annabeths shoulder.

After a while Delta spoke, "Why?"

Annabeth looked down at her confused causing Delta to move her head away. "Why what?"

"Why Alex? What did he do to deserve death? It should've been me, I should've stayed dead. Clearly I'm supposed to die if it keeps happening." Delta mini ranted.

"No," Annabeth stopped her. "You didn't deserve to die any more than Alex did. Or John. I'm glad it wasn't you. It sucks that it had to be Alex, but I'm glad it wasn't you. You'll be okay, I promise."

Delta looked Annabeth in the eyes. Don't make promises you can't keep, she thought. Instead she said, "Okay," as she gave a fake smile. One Annabeth didn't see through. They hugged before getting up. "We need to hold a meeting."

"Why?" Annabeth asked confused.

"There's something I haven't told you guys," Delta explained. "Something bad."

Clearly I'm not done updating for the day. Hope you enjoyed. The next chapter will probably be the last chapter. PEACE!