#1: Let the Adventure Begin!

So this was how it all began...

It was night, and I was sitting on my bed, legs crossed as I bent over my guitar, fingers running up and down the neck while I strummed with my other hand. Then my phone chimed, a notification popping up and momentarily disrupting my view from the song chords I was studying. It was a text from an unknown number.

I ignored it.

A second one came in about five minutes later. This one a picture from the same number. Naturally, my interest was piqued. I thanked the heavens I put my guitar down, if not I may have thrown it against the wall. The picture was the last thing I expected it to be.

I let out a terrified shriek, dropping my phone onto the bed before I dove for my pillows to hide my reddening face. The sound of running footsteps made me sit right back up and scramble to turn off my phone screen just as the bedroom door opened with a bang, and my family spilled in.

"What happened, what's wrong?!" Mom demanded, looking just a bit crazy with her eyes as wide as saucers, and hands dripping with soap suds as she held up an equally drippy pan.

Dad was scanning my room like the cop that he was, Glock pistol clasped in both of his hands, while my younger sister bounced on the balls of her feet swinging her softball bat, that she actually used for playing, back and forth.

"N-Nothing! It's nothing!" I shook my head, heart pounding in my ears. "It's just that..." Think quick, Justine. "My favorite band released a new album!"

Everyone visibly relaxed, except for my sister. She looked disappointed, the tip of her bat hitting the carpet with a dull thud. "Aw man, and I was hoping for some cool shit to happen."

"Aubrey Grant! Language!" Mom scowled at her youngest child. "A dollar in the swear jar, right now."

I watched in mild amusement as Aubrey turned away from mom and mouthed a fuck before stomping off down the hall. Mom followed after her, scowl still in place, while dad holstered his gun.

"Scared the crap out of me, Jus." He planted his hands on his hips before continuing. "Next time, do that into your pillow, yeah?"

I nodded, trying to appear sheepish, hoping to all hell there won't be a next time. Dad gave me a smile that clearly said, Teenage girls, before turning on his heel to leave, shutting the door after himself. As soon as it clicked shut, I looked back down to my phone, my hand shaking slightly as I built up the courage to open it once again. When I finally did, I felt myself blush to the roots of my hair, before pointedly looking at the text sent before the damn picture.

Uknown Number:
Hey! It's Leo from last week's party. I remembered you asked for this, so here ya go.

I swallowed. Unfortunately, I knew all too well who Leo is. Or better yet, Leonardo Bracci. He was my high school's Mr. Popular, our own Golden Boy, and captain of the football team.

And I know for a fact he did not intend to send me his nudes.

Ignoring the picture of my hot schoolmate in his birthday suit, I typed in a reply with trembling fingers.

Me:
I think you have the wrong number.

I nervously watched as he read the message, then those three moving dots appeared and my heart just about leaped right out of my chest.

Unknown Number:
Aw, come on. Don't break my heart like that, Veronica. We met at Trent's party last week, remember? You gave me your number on a napkin with a note that said to send you nudes. And I delivered. What do you think?

Yep, definitely not for me.

Me:
I'm sorry, Leo. But she either got her own number wrong, or she gave you fake one because I'm definitely not someone you met at a party.

Those three damned dots again. I stared at it as it moved, and when three minutes passed, I put my phone back down on the bed and wiped my sweaty hands down my pajama pants. I was lying down, and staring at my ceiling when he finally replied.

Uknown Number:
Well...shit.

You and me both, dude.

***

ATTENTION: If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original, safe, form, please go to https://www.wattpad.com/user/awkward_tumbleweed

Thank you.