Epilogue: An End of a Blackmail

On a well-traveled but forgotten road, a young man works on changing the back left tire of his car with the afternoon's sun beating down on his bare back...

With a huff, Leo stood up and gave the wheel a little kick, swiping at his forehead with an arm. "That should do it."

"Done?" Justine asked, looking up from her phone's screen as he slid into the driver's seat. The sun was relentless outside, but the summer breeze blowing through the rolled-down windows kept the car cool, and Justine comfortable.

"Yep!" he answered, pulling the white shirt he had taken off earlier from the back of his seat and used it to wipe at the sweat on his face and body.

Justine waited for him to finish, enjoying the way his muscles flexed with each movement, before saying, "The nearest town is just a few miles out. We could find a motel, bunk for the night, then we'll look for an auto shop in the morning. Sound good to you?"

"Sounds good to me," Leo answered, turning the key in the ignition. "Can you grab me a shirt from my bag?"

"Hm, I don't know. I kinda like you like this," Justine teased but was already twisting in her seat to do as he requested.

Leo chuckled, sending her a suggestive grin as she handed him a shirt. He recognized it as one of his tighter fitting ones - the ones Justine claimed hugged his torso just right. "You like me just about in anything, babe."

"Or in nothing," she added with a mischievous tilt of his lips, feeling just a bit disappointed as he pulled his shirt over his head.

He chuckled again. "Oh, you love me in nothing."

"That I do," Justine affirmed, clicking her seatbelt back on as Leo shifted the car into gear and got back unto the road.

The radio was on an oldies station, playing some classic rock songs that they both would sing or hum along to. It didn't take long for them to reach the town, and with help from Google, found a small, well-rated, but still reasonably priced motel. As Leo shifted the car into park, he turned to Justine and groaned.

She had a shit-eating grin on her face and was holding up her phone, displaying a familiar picture. "You know the drill, lover boy," she said.

With a grumble, he got out of the car and made his way to the motel's entrance. Chuckling to herself, Justine sat back in her seat and glanced down at her phone. She'd never use it, of course, they both knew that, but at this point, it's become something of a game for them. And if Justine can use it so she doesn't have to check-in for them at every motel they stay at...well, she's definitely going to milk it.

"I knew you'd come in handy one day," she told the nude picture of her fiancé (the recent one he sent when he had to be away from home for two weeks) before tapping into her messages.

Me:
In case you have second thoughts.
(Image)

Leo:
I hate you. Give me back the ring.

Me:
Nu-uh. You is stuck with me, boy!

Leo:
I knew there was somthing suspicious about you.

Justine grinned down at her phone.

Maybe blackmailing isn't so bad.

The End

Or
Is it?
* * *

ATTENTION: If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original, safe, form, please go to https://www.wattpad.com/user/awkward_tumbleweed

Thank you.