#14: Accidents Don't Just Happen Accidentally

It all happened because I put my phone on freaking silent, and didn't keep track of where I put it. Why did I do this? Because I was playing on my guitar and didn't want to be disturbed.

And that was the root of it all.

I was playing the chords to Sweater Weather and singing along, feeling myself get into the song as it went on. When I finished, I opened my eyes with a smile that quickly vanished when I started looking for my phone. I knew I put it somewhere close to me on the bed, and when I found it half-way under my crossed legs I almost had a panic attack. Why, you may ask? Because on the screen it said I was on a call with Leo-fucking-Bracci.

So, I did what any panicking teenage girl would do. I squeaked and ended the call. He must've called while I was playing, and somehow my legs managed to answer it. I cursed myself for wearing shorts. But I didn't have time to dwell on my fashion sense, because my phone lit up once more with another call from Leo-fucking-Bracci.

Everything in me went still as my mind went blank, and before I could really think on what I was doing, I answered willingly this time.

"Please tell me that was you singing!" Were the first words out of his mouth.

It took me a while to answer, but I did. "Y-Yeah..."

"Dude! Your voice is amazing!"

I suddenly felt ten feet tall. Apparently that what happens when the hottest boy in your school compliments your singing voice.

"Like, if you had an album out, I would listen to it on repeat all day, everyday!" He continued. "And were you playing the guitar, too?"

I nodded, then realized he couldn't see, so I stuttered an answer again. "Y-Yeah."

"That is so legit!"

He sounded so impressed that I was sure if he continued praising me, my head will get big.

"Man, I can't wait to tell Jeremy that not only are you actually a girl," he went on. "But you can also sing and play the guitar! He's going to owe me big time."

That piqued my interest and managed to calm my nerves enough for me to form a sentence. "You have a bet or something?"

"Yep!" Leo popped the p. "He wagered you aren't a girl, and I did. I'll be fifty dollars richer the next time I see him."

"Well, congratulations." I say with a laugh.

"Thank you, thank you." The smile was evident in his voice.

There was a brief moment of silence, and since I was apparently all about taking risks tonight, I asked, "So...why did you call me?"

"I honestly don't know," he replies after a short pause, the chuckled. "Blame my curiosity. I wanted to hear the voice of the girl who I sent my nudes to."

Somehow I doubted that was all. "You sure?"

"What? Can that not by my excuse?" His voice went up an octave.

"Nope."

He sighed on the other end. "There might have been...a point one percent of me doubting your...gender."

"I knew it! You didn't trust me!" I exclaimed with no real heat behind my words, feeling much more relaxed.

Thankfully, Leo caught on to my ruse. "Busted!"

We shared a laugh then, and once our mirth died down, he cleared his throat. "Anyways, now that my curiosity has been sated. I need to get back to my homework. Mrs. Ross game me a shit-tone of homework!"

I barely stopped myself from saying, Doesn't she always? "Well, good luck with that."

"Thanks. I'm gonna need it. Talk to you later, Justine."

I smiled, my stomach doing a little flip. "Later."

***

A/N: Eh...I'm probably gonna change this up a bit later.

* * *

ATTENTION: If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in it's original, safe, form, please go to https://www.wattpad.com/user/awkward_tumbleweed

Thank you.