City of Angels // C1

"Escape and breath the air of new places" - Unknown

Scarlett's POV:

The early morning breeze rattled my bare shoulders but it motivated Eclipse to run faster.

"Come on Eclipse...we can make it" I stated as I ran my fingers through her long mane.

Eclipse breathed heavily before she picked up her pace and before we knew it we made it up the hill. I hopped off of Eclipse and felt the morning dew against my bare feet and it felt amazing. I stared up at the sky and watched the stars disappear just in time for the sun to breathe again and rise above all the civilians.

I took Eclipse out every morning to watch the sunrise...there's just something about watching the sun rise over and over again signaling the start of a new day, the start of a new adventure. I inhaled the crisp, cold morning air as I took off her saddle and watched Eclipse run off to the edges of our ranch.

Even though our ranch is vast and large...this hill was my favorite part. I came up here when I needed to be alone or if I needed to think...I would just sit against the apple tree and stare at the horizon.

"Scarlett Marie!" I heard my mother call out in the distance.

I immediately turned around to see my mother failing her arms about a mile away back at our house.

"Eclipse! Come here girl!" I called as I turned around to see Eclipse rolling around in the grass.

I smiled as she ran up to me...silly girl. I quickly threw on her saddle again and mounted her.

"Let's go" I said as I gently squeezed her sides before she began to trot back to our house.

As we approached the stables I quickly hopped off Eclipse, took her saddle off, and sent her into her stable.

"Scarlett Marie Caraway! What were you thinking?!" my mother, Lillian, stated with her arms crossed.

"Mama, I go out every morning...you know this" I stated.

"No I meant leaving the stable door open when you left...you have to be more careful next time" Mama reassured.

"I promise..." I said as I hugged her

"Good, now come on...breakfast is ready" Mama said as she squeezed my shoulders and brought me into our house.
________________________________

"There you are my little stinker!" my Gramps said as he rubbed my hair into a knot.

"Gramps! I told you not to call me that...I'm 18 now" I said as I laughed.

"Awww does the little princess not like being called stinker?" my brother, Alex, mocked.

"Shut up" I said as I jokingly punched Alex in the shoulder before I sat down next to him.

"Your arm!" my father, John, pointed out.

I looked down at my arm to see that I was barely scratched, "Papa, it barely scraped my skin...it was probably a branch or something"

"I'm fully aware but I'm just suggesting you wear more to sleep" my papa joked.

"Papa I'm literally wearing shorts and a t-shirt...what more do you expect?" I asked.

"Your shirt literally says 'I wish someone looked at me the way I look at chocolate" Papa replied with sass.

"Hey!!! I like chocolate" I replied before everyone erupted in laughter. My cheeks flushed bright red, "at least make Alex wear a shirt...I mean come on!"