Barriers // C4

"Wanting someone who doesn't want you back is the worst feeling ever" - Unknown

Scarlett's POV:

I woke up with a feeling of longing for something...or maybe it was someone. It was the sort of feeling you got when you slept over at a friend's house and you wake up without the comfort of being in your own home.

"Scarlett! I'm going over to Jonah's house!" I heard Jade call out from downstairs.

I sat up and called out, "Wait for me!".

I quickly threw on a dusty rose lace dress, my favorite pair of boots, and my heart-shaped love necklace. I also threw my hair into a messy bun and did my usual morning routine. I quickly ran downstairs to find Jade sitting on our couch.

"Where are your parents?" I asked.

"They left for some huge clinic in Africa...they'll be gone for the whole summer" she stated.

Jade's parents were both world-renowned doctors and everyone wanted them to come to their country to do a clinic. They were practically superheroes to any sick person in need.

"So it's just us in this big house?" I asked.

"Yep. Let's get going" Jade stated.

Jade and I were awkwardly jamming out to music in the car when out of the blue she asked me if I liked Jack.

"What?" I asked as she turned down the music.

"Do you like Jack?"

"Um...he's a little shy but he's cute"

"I see the way you look at him....you like him"

"Maybe I do...but you and Jonah huh?"

She immediately blushed, "yeah I like him but it's whatever...I don't know the real him. The him behind the fame"

"Sounds troubling" I stated.

Jade pulled into the driveway, "hopefully I'll figure out my feelings on our date"

"Date? Is that why we're here"

"Yep...come on" she said as she unlocked the door with a key.

"Wait since when did you-"

"Hey girls" Jonah stated as he stood up.

"Hi" Jade said awkwardly.

"Jack is upstairs with Daniel working on music if you want to go" Jonah said as he looked at me.

I smiled and waved before I ran upstairs. I heard Daniel's and Jack's angelic voices singing together so I quietly crept inside and sat down on the floor behind them.

Daniel saw me because he was facing me but Jack didn't know because he had his back turned against me. The boys finished up their song which made me erupt in applause.

"You guys are so talented!" I said as Jack turned around and blushed. "Please don't let my presence interrupt you guys. You may continue to your upmost desire"

"Actually, I just remembered that I have something to do" Daniel stated as he got up.

"No wait! Don't go...I'd love to hear you and Jack sing some more" I begged.