Fallen Victim // C6

"I aspire to be a giver. A giver of love, a giver of good vibes, and a giver of strength" - Unknown

Scarlett's POV:

Today was the day we flew out to help the victims of Hurricane Irma. We got relocated to Puerto Rico because the damage there seems to be a lot worse.

"Jade c'mon! We're going to be late!" I yelled as I tossed my duffel bags over the edge of the railing and went downstairs.

Jade came out with her suitcase and a frown.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I rolled my eyes.

"It's four am, why am I up so early?" she asked.

"Because I felt like leaving early so we can make it to Puerto Rico fairly early in the day" I stated as she descended the stairs.

"Let's just go get the boys" Jade stated as she walked out the front door.

Yeah, Jade is definitely not a morning person.
_______________________________

We arrived at the boys' house forty-five minutes later and rang on the door bell. Daniel answered with a very tired looking expression.

"Everyone will be ready in a second" he reassured as he yawned.

Jade stumbled into the door and found Jonah half asleep on the couch.

"Is that coffee?" she asked as she pointed to the mug on the coffee table.

"Yep" Jonah stated rubbing his eyes.

"Great!" Jade stated as she picked up the mug and gulped the coffee down before handing the mug to Jonah and sitting next to him.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen in hopes of finding a snack. Unfortunately, I didn't find any food but I did find some eye candy.

"Hey Jack" I stated as I slid over to where he was standing.

He looked furious with his brows furrowed and his hair messy.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Chelsea just backed out of coming" Jack stated as he walked over to the fridge.

"That's unfortunate...why so last minute?" I asked jumping up on the countertop.

Jack invited Chelsea to come two days ago and she said she would love to come but I guess she changed her mind.

"Something about too busy to help out other people. It was ridiculous" he stated as he walked over to where I was sitting.

He stood about two feet in front of me and looked directly into my eyes.

"Sometimes I feel like there's someone else out there for me but I still can't help the way I feel about Chelsea" Jack stated as he played with one of his curls.

"Do you love her?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course" he replied.

That felt like a stab in the heart, I could literally feel the theoretical blood seeping into my clothing.

"You're lucky by the way, I don't normally open up to someone who I've just met" Jack stated as he pointed at me, I couldn't help but blush.

"Oh" I said as I smiled and started to swing my legs back and forth.

"It's a good thing...there's just something about you that makes me feel like I could spill my guts" Jack stated as he took a swig of water.

"Thanks, I think" I said as I laughed.