Pain & Sorrow // C17

"A traumatic experience robs you of your identity" - Dr. Bill

Scarlett's POV:

He started to kiss my neck when I heard banging on the door.

"Sir, my car broke down and my phone is dead...can I borrow yours?" a familiar voice stated.

"Can't you see we're busy!" Thomas yelled back.

"Please? It's an emergency, I'm a doctor and they just paged me" the voice persisted.

Thomas sighed before he opened the door and stepped outside. My body was limp but I was fully conscious so I heard everything that was going on. I heard some fighting go on before someone got punched and a body dropped. I prayed that it was Thomas who got punched and is unconscious. Either way, I started to gain control of my limps again so I curled into a ball on the seat.

"Scarlett? It's me, Chris, I called the cops and they're going to arrest Thomas" Chris stated as I felt him cover my body with a jacket.

Relief rushed over me as Chris picked me up in his arms and carried me out of the car. I heard sirens and some tires screeching. Then, I heard some voices before Chris set me down on what felt like a stretcher.

"I'm going to go talk to the cops, I'll be right back" Chris stated as another female voice talked to me.

"Scarlett? My name is Alice, we're going to inject you with some medication that will hopefully counteract the drugs" Alice stated as I felt a prick on my arm.

Shortly, I felt the medication course through my body and I quickly gained feeling in my limps again. However, I still felt dizzy and nauseous as the stretcher was loaded into maybe an ambulance?

"Don't worry, we're just putting you in this ambulance until you feel better" Alice stated again.

My eyes fluttered open as I tried to sit up. I looked out upon the open doors and saw Chris talking to cops, Thomas in handcuffs, and my dress still in the backseat of Thomas's truck. I quickly zipped up Chris's big jacket before I got up and sat on the edge of the ambulance. I wanted Jack to be here, to comfort me, but he isn't and I needed him more than ever. Maybe that's why I danced with Thomas, I just wanted to be near Jack...or a look a-like for that matter. I pulled my knees to my chest and buried my head in my knees.

"You okay?" Chris asked as he hopped in the ambulance and sat next me.

I turned my head to face him as I felt an overwhelming rush of emotion. A tear escaped my eye and he tried to reach out to wipe it away but I winced away. My voice felt gone and I felt broken inside.

"Right, I'm sorry. I know you don't want to be touched by anyone right now and that's perfectly acceptable" he mumbled.

I nodded as I stared out again at the scene in front of us. A crowd started to gather and a few news teams showed up. I really wanted to leave at this point and Chris must have read my mind.

"You want to get out of here?" he asked.

"But what about the cops?" I mumbled in a hoarse voice.

"I gave them an eyewitness account, that should be enough to put Thomas in jail but if not, they can question you in the morning."

I nodded.

Alice gave me one last checkup as well as a wool blanket before Chris and I left. I told him Jade's address and he drove there in his black Ford Raptor. I played with my hands during the car ride, I needed something to distract me from the pain inside. I felt violated, my heart ached in sadness as we turned onto Jade's street.