x

Our story begins in the middle of a park.

The park that Yoongi grew up with, filled with annoying little children who use to bully him and push him off the swing sets.

Yoongi never cried, he would put on a brave face and stare at the kid who pushed him for a long moment, and then he'd throw the punch. Knock the little shit down and turn his back on the crying child.

He'd get in trouble for it, oh did he. He can remember with a soft smile how his mother would throw a harsh slap on his head and scold him for hitting the kid, afterwards she would cook his favorite dinner and tuck him into bed.

She wouldn't say anything, but Yoongi knew that his mother was nonetheless happy that her son was defending himself against mean children. Even if that meant resorting to violence.

So, Yoongi was at the park the day this story begins. He was around nine probably turning ten, the sun was setting and he had ran off to the swings again because his father started throwing their belongings around the house, calling his mother names that he was forbidden of repeating.

Yoongi was sick and tired of all the yelling, he wanted to do something about it. Whenever his dad would make an episode like this he'd run away and hide though.

Just the thought of confronting his dad and screaming at him to shut up scared little Yoongi, so instead he resorted to running away to that park where he was safe and at this time of the evening children didn't tend to stay around and play.

Except today was different it seem. The fates had decided to write in their little book of Yoongi that he would not get the peace he wanted. Instead he would gain a friend, albeit an annoying and clingy friend, but a friend at the end.

"Hi there! My name is Kim Taehyung and I declare you my best friend!"

Yoongi was so startled and shocked he had let the shorter boy with messy caramel hair mark him with a black sharpie. Just a small little black dot contrasting on his pale skin.

The boy, who Yoongi had never seen before, made a loud pop noise before kissing Yoongi on the cheek and smiling all boxy like.

To Yoongi, the little boy resembled a fairy.

"Ew!" Yoongi yelled out, "That's gross! Why did you kiss me?!"

The boy with messy hair, as Yoongi had dubbed, frowned and pouted.

"You're my best friend and my mom says that's what friends do with one another."

But, Yoongi was not having it and rolled his eyes, pushing the short kid away from him where he wouldn't be kissed.

"Well stop doing it. I'm not your friend, and that's not what friends do."

By the end of that sentence the messy haired boy had started crying, and Yoongi had thought it was beautiful.

He had never seen anyone cry so pretty before, two perfect droplets of shiny tears falling slowly over the boy's pink face.

It made Yoongi feel bad, he didn't like it. He wasn't supposed to feel bad about making someone cry.

"Maybe you can be the exception." He mumbled quietly, turning on his side and kicking at the mulch and dirt on the playground floor embarrassingly. Turning all shy and pink as he crossed his arms to face away from the short boy.

The messy haired boy or Taehyung as Yoongi had remembered was his name, smiled again, "Okay! I'm new here and my mom said that I need new friends to not stay cooped up in the house all day."

Yoongi looked at the short boy, taking in his ripped shorts and his stained blue shirt. "How old are you Tae...."

"Taehyung. And I'm eight years old!" He puts up five fingers from his left hand and three on his right, smiling proudly at Yoongi.

Yoongi nods, "Then I'm your hyung. So start calling me Yoongi hyung."

Taehyung shakes his head eagerly and jumps up, "Mom said to not be out too long cause dad gets angry. So bye Yoongi hyung."

Before Yoongi can even blink the boy is running away, becoming a speck of flying colours from where Yoongi is.

He turns and starts walking his way home, and without even noticing the gummy smile on his lips. He doesn't even hear the shouts of his father or the pleads from his mother.