p

After that, Yoongi is sad to say that he and Taehyung became inseparable.

Okay, maybe not sad per say, but he has to keep up his reputation as the mean grumpy kid in town and befriending Kim Taehyung wasn't helping him.

No matter how many rude names Yoongi calls Taehyung, the times he would push the kid away from him and make him cry. Taehyung would always come back to him with a boxy smile and a kiss on his cheek.

Yoongi grew to like it.

Actually no. He didn't like it.

He pretended to just so that Taehyung wouldn't cry, because even if the tan boy looked like an ethereal being, Taehyung was always much more pretty when he was smiling at him.

So the two grew up. Yoongi being fourteen and Taehyung was around his turning twelve or thirteen years.

The short boy was always seen following the grumpy teen around like a puppy, they'd make fun of Taehyung at school for it, and Yoongi would be right up their ass.

Kicking them and making them bleed, fuckers never ran around calling Taehyung names after that.

Sometimes Yoongi would sneak into Taehyung's room and stay the night.

When his house would become too loud and the headache at the back of his head was about to explode, Yoongi would run out and knock on Taehyung's window.

"Hyung! What's wrong."

Yoongi would shut him up. "Quiet Tae. I don't want your mom to know I'm around, you know she doesn't like me."

Taehyung would shut up and open the window, helping Yoongi into the room and then closing it.

Taehyung's room was tiny, just barely fitting the bed that was set at the corner of the wall, and only a small pile of neatly folded clothes at the other corner.

Taehyung had blushed and looked down, expression being one of shame. Yoongi felt bad so he would smile and take out his good old packet of cards.

All wrinkled at the edges, turning too soft and delicate, a sign that they would rip soon. Either way, the two boys would sit down across from one another and play quietly in the shine of the moonlight.

Yoongi would look up at the stars that shone softly on Taehyung's messy caramel hair, watching in fascination as one of them suddenly disappeared.

Violins could be heard in the distance. With the lonely piano playing in synchrony together.