o

Yoongi is fifteen when he realizes one of the biggest and most important realizations of his life.

He isn't sure what to think of it. He has never thought of it before, more concentrated on well, whatever he use to like back when he was fifteen.

The realization is him finding out that he likes guys.

Or more specifically-

He likes Kim Taehyung. His best friend.

He's not even sure at this point.

Taehyung who will always bring him a bag of sweet strawberries coated with sugar. The younger boy who always smiles even when he comes to Yoongi bruised all over his gorgeous sun kissed skin.

At times like that, Yoongi wishes to go over to Taehyung's place and beat the shit out of the man Taehyung calls father.

Yoongi's dad tried doing it once. He came home angry and drunk, yelling things out and telling Yoongi how he was a pathetic mess.

Yoongi held back his own fiery words, letting the crazy old man yell out idiocies. But, his father had wanted a reaction out of him so he had smacked Yoongi right across the cheek.

The smack had stung, making tears prick at his tear ducts and making him trip and fall to the couch.

His mother had yelled and gotten in between the two, pleading and begging for them to stop. Yoongi, from where he kneeled on the couch, had seen the man grab his mother from the neck harshly.

"You stay out of this you fucking bitch."

And that's where Yoongi had put a stop to it. Wanting to put an end to all of this abuse. He had gotten up and pushed his father down on the floor, throwing a punch at his nose and kicking his stomach.

"If you ever lay a hand on her I fucking swear I'll kill you." He growled, and threw another punch just to make his point.

Never again did his dad dare to touch his mother, but he was always picking fights with Yoongi.

So, Yoongi learned to heal the bruises and hide the cuts. Doing the same to Taehyung and folding him into his skinny arms at night, away from the yelling and the hitting.

It was on Taehyung's fourteenth birthday, in the middle of the night on a frozen December day that Yoongi looked at Taehyung in a different light.

It was under the sky full of stars and the grey of the moon that Yoongi looked at Taehyung who was eating a cheap piece of cake that Yoongi had got him as a birthday present.

It was there that Yoongi felt it; he felt it in each beating of his heart and in the deep corners of his lonely mind.

He realized he liked Taehyung.

Maybe even loved him.

The stars kissed Taehyung, Yoongi wishing they were him.