h

"You worthless piece of shit! You're just like your fucking mother, pathetic excuses that I have to live with!"

No matter how much Yoongi presses the button to raise the volume to the music he can hear his father's voice yell at him.

He can feel the tears wanting to fall, but he doesn't want to cry. He didn't do it when he was younger, he's not starting now.

Yoongi climbs out the window, his father watching and throwing a beer bottle at the teenager who only screams and yells.

He runs, runs like he’s never run before. Away from the screaming, from the crying and pleading.

From all of these problems that Yoongi runs away from and hides behind smoking joints inbetween dark alleys and hidden beneath the shadow of the trees. Pretending that everything is fine and that he is happy as he lies naked with Taehyung.

Somehow, Yoongi finds himself in front of Taehyung's house. His father's car is parked outside, and Yoongi gets an idea.

It'll probably get the both in trouble, maybe even arrested, but Yoongi doesn't care. He wants to run away, away from all these problems.

He's already nineteen for fuck's sake, an adult who can care for himself. All Yoongi needs is Taehyung with him.

"Taehyung!" Yoongi whispers, knocking on the window quietly.

He sees the shadow of the younger and then the window opening, Taehyung looks like he was just woken up from slumber, eyes swollen from sleep or crying and dry drool on his cheeks.

He looks so soft and pretty, that Yoongi grabs him from the collar of his shirt and presses insistent kisses on his lips.

"Yoong-" Taehyung kisses him back, smiling softly as he sighs in content into the kiss.

Yoongi breaks the kiss and runs a thumb over Taehyung's red and swollen lips. "Let's run away."

It takes a moment for Taehyung to register the words, his brows furrowing in confusion.

"Run away?" He repeats, looking at Yoongi like the elder has lost his mind.

Maybe he has, all the weed and drugs have finally broken the raft in his mind. Yoongi nods though, his smile growing wider. Taehyung can see that he's high, probably on weed.

It worries Taehyung, he's kept quiet about it for a long while. Letting Yoongi enjoy the feeling of getting high and forgetting reality, but it's starting to take a toll on the older.

Yoongi only smiles when he's high, he only laughs at Taehyung's jokes when the weed is in his system. Yoongi only loves when the drug is eating him away.

But, it's killing him, making his pale skin become a grey sickly color. His eyes are dull and lifeless, making Taehyung shiver in fear as the two soulless button eyes stare back at him with no emotion whatsoever. He's skinny, just a body with skin and bones.

Min Yoongi is dying.

But Taehyung nods either way, smiling brightly and pretending he isn't hurt when Yoongi smiles back at him, kissing his lips.

As if he didn't see that it pains Taehyung to know that the person he loves is dying in a hole of fake happiness, of pretending to live.

Taehyung sneaks pass his parents room, his body sagging in relief when he hears the snores of his bastard of a father and his mother peacefully sleeping.

He slips the keys into his pockets and before opening the door takes out with him the half full pack of beer. If Yoongi wants to die then Taehyung will join him.

Yoongi is waiting outside, a blunt in his lips. He smiles the gummy smile that Taehyung loves, it seems genuine, alive, and full of life.

But Taehyung knows he's lying to himself, beneath all of that is just a haze of smoke, one that will fly away with the direction of the wind and become a gust of nothing.

"Ready?"

Yoongi nods.

The stars and moon are hiding, or the moon hides. The stars are still bursting.