chapter 2: friday nights and fratboys.

september 1st, friday evening

after spending most of the day unpacking and setting up gabbie and i's dorm room, i was ready to sleep. at 6 pm.

our dorm room came together real nicely. we hung up a ton of fairy lights and a green neon light up sign that said "relax". gabbie had this color disco ball thing that she could sit on her dresser and it would light up the ceiling. the whole room had this cool vibe to it.

i hung up a bulletin board on my side of the room and thumb tacked multiple photos on it, also college related papers. looking at family photos made me miss home already. no, you can't do this to yourself. not yet.

"annndd done!" gabbie clapped her hands.

we both looked around at our final product and high fived.

"damn we are good." i said.

"yes we are.."

monday was the first official day of college. but it was only friday night and we had the whole weekend ahead of us. someone knocked on the door quickly. gabbie reached over and opened the door.

"party at the kappa frat house!!" a red headed girl yelled as she entered our dorm.

"oh god, carly how many times have i told you that i hate the kappa parties?"

"about 5 times." carly replied and grinned.

she then turned towards me.

"oh hey, i'm carly if you didn't already know."

"i'm liza." i smiled.

"pretty!" she said.

carly had a bubbly personality and her red hair really represented it well. she seemed like a fun person.

"how about you liza? wanna go to the best party of your LIFE?!" carly exclaimed.

i chuckled.

"uh i'll go, sure why not!"

"liza i mean this is the nicest way," gabbie sighed, "don't be a dumbass."

i threw my hands up and gave her a confused face and chuckled.

"what's so wrong with these kappa parties? how do you hate them? we're both freshmen.." i asked.

"i only know they're shit because i already know some guys who are in the frat."

i rest my hand on my hips and give gabbie a questioning look.

"like?" i asked once again.

carly interrupted.

"see gabbie and i both went to the same high school with the same douchebags and fuckboys. and the majority of them are in that frat."

"yeah and they are all ASSHOLES." gabbie added.

"but the parties are fun as hell, there's free alcohol and good music." carly said.

"well then we just won't interfere ourselves to the assholes. us three will have a great time." i said.

"i like you." carly pointed at me.

carly and i then turned to gabbie and gave her a pleading look.

"fine! we'll go!" gabbie sighed heavily.

carly and i clap and say "yay!" in unison.

after the three of us got all dolled up, we were out to party. sorta. my hair flowed to the top of my shoulders, bouncing with every step i took. i had a black tube top on and dark washed high waisted jeans with my white chucks. typical. i made sure to have some layered necklaces on to spice up the plain tube top.