chapter 4: favors.

september 2, saturday 11:55 am

the library was in a completely different building than the dorms. i brought my phone with me so i could use the flashlight. it was pitch black outside. i was in some black stretchy shorts and a oversized hoodie with my hair tied up in a bun, no makeup. classic liza look.

i don't have to impress this asshole.

i finally reached the library and somehow, the door was unlocked. i quietly and quickly opened the doors to find david, all in black once again, but this time had a backwards black hat on and black hoodie. he look tired sitting at one of the tables in the library.

"hey." i mumbled.

"hey." david stood up.

i walked up to him, face to face.

"sob story. go." i whispered.

"i need to ask you to do this really big favor." he replied.

"you promised your sob story!" i raised my voice.

david put his hand over my mouth and whispered,
"shhhhh! we can't get caught."

we started to hear foot steps coming from outside the main book area. david grabbed my hand and we hid behind some book shelves in the very back. the footsteps turned out to be the janitor. at midnight.

"why the hell is the janitor here at midnight?" i whispered.

"i don't know liza." david whispered back.

while we were waiting for the janitor to leave, i decided to strike up some conversation.

"why do you always wear black?"

david turns his body completely to me, face to face.

"to represent how i feel most of the time." he goofily smiles.

i start to quietly chuckle and david joins. we end up laughing together for about 10 seconds. this is actually... nice?

the laughter breaks off and we get caught in each other's eyes for a couple seconds. what.

david softly smiles down at the ground, rubbing the back of his neck.

"what. why are you smiling?" i smile.

"i don't know, just felt like it."

the janitor finally left and locked up the doors. wait.

"um. did he just lock the doors.. with the keys." i mumble.

david and i both look at each other and in unison say, "shit!"

we run to the doors and try to get out but there's no worth in trying. the janitor locked the doors from the outside and somehow there wasn't a lock inside. david smacks the door.

"dammit!" he yells.

i awkwardly stand next to him in silence until i blurt out, "we can have a sleepover in here?"

david turns to me with a confused look. it soon dissolves and he just goes,

"i mean we have no choice but alright."

we walk back to the table area, there was one bean bag chair in the corner, and we both simultaneously run towards it.

"no!" i laughed.

david pretends to push me and we both end up landing on each other on the bean bag. my back was on top of him. we both laughed uncontrollably.