chapter 9: awkward encounters.

september 5, tuesday 8 am

i hope he's okay and doing well. i miss him. i wonder what he's doing right now, in this exact moment. probably thinking about some other girl. who knows. wait, what does it matter?

"miss koshy? liza koshy?" my professor broke my inner thoughts.

i quickly traveled my eyes back to the board and then the professor.

"what?"

awkward silence of at least 40 students in the class.

"you seem to be.. distracted."

"no, i'm okay. just a little tired that's all." i softly chuckle.

my professor was at least 55 years old. male. had this "old soul" vibe to him that was actually interesting for my taste. he did make class interesting, or for at least the most part. i just couldn't focus today.

but why?

********

"don't you think it's crazy how different your life has been just the past 5 days?" gabbie asked as she stuffed a piece of broccoli in her mouth.

lunch time.

i thought for a moment, thinking the exact same thing.

"yeah.. it's weird."

"so many new beginnings.." gabbie smiled, "like losing your virginity!"

i almost choked on my cherry tomato.

"gabbie!"

"what! it's true though.." gabbie glanced down at her plate, picking at her broccoli still.

just then, zane and carly came up to our table and sat down with plates of food.

"where's heath and erin?" gabbie asked.

"heath's hungover in our dorm.. it's a long story.." zane mumbled.

"erin went to go get some lunch off campus. she said she's too good for this food." carly giggled.

"so how's your guy's days been?" zane smiled.

"good." i instantly reply.

"average." gabbie mumbled picking at her plate.

it was just silence, pure eating silence. then alex walked up to us and sat at our table. he rarely sits with us, it's usually david and this girl named corinna he sits with. sometimes scotty and his girlfriend kristen too. not sure though.

"hi alex!" i say.

"can we help you?" gabbie asked.

"i'm here to announce that the kappa is having another 'banger' or whatever they fuckin call it.." alex twiddled his thumbs.

alex wore big glasses that made him look smart in a cute way. his soft smile was awkward but cute at the same time, like a bunny.

"on a tuesday?" zane chuckled.

"yep. they obviously don't give a shit about classes." alex replied.

"and you're telling us this because..?" carly blurted out.

"oh you guys are invited if you want to go. i'm forced to go cause of david so please go.. you guys know i hate pretty much everyone in that frat besides david."