chapter 12: im sorry.

october 20, wednesday 9 pm

toddy finally reached some help. an ambulance was called. sirens were off. flashing lights. at the time i don't remember most of it because my heart was just beating too fast.

i was worried for him.

******
i waited in the waiting room of the clean hospital. i've always hated the smell of them, reminded me too much of my awful times in a doctors office as a child. it's already 10 pm, and i'm the only one here for david. not even toddy, he ran off after david was carried on the ambulance.

just then a nurse came out and announced, "anyone here for david dobrik?" i got up out of my seat.

"yeah i'm here for david."

"okay honey, he's alright. he just had a mild to severe concussion. we had to give him a couple stitches in the back of his head, nothing super serious but we do want to keep him for a night just to make sure everything is okay."

"thank god." i sighed.

"do you wanna see him?"

"yes please."

the nurse then walked down the hall as i followed her footsteps. we reached the room at the end of the hall. his eyes were shut peacefully, the heart monitoring beeping in a good pace. his brown hair still managed to look good even after everything.

"i'll let you alone with him." the nurse softly smiled and walked out, leaving just me, david, and the beeping monitor.

i pulled up a chair next the bed and just gazed at him. his chest moved up and down slowly, he was in a deep sleep.

i did what anyone would do.

give the sleeping person a speech they wouldn't hear.

"david, i just want you to know that.. god what am i even doing? you're sleeping. anyway, i'm sorry. sorry for everything i did, i'm sorry for not helping when you obviously needed it. but i shouldn't be the only one saying sorry," a tear streamed down my cheek, "you hurt me david. and i know it shouldn't matter. none of this should. but i can't help how i feel. especially about you. i like you, a lot. i didn't ask for them but the feelings came anyway."

i was softly sobbing at the sleeping boy at this point, and i honestly don't know why.

"i wish you just felt the same. i wish we could've worked this out. and i'm saying this now because well.. i don't want to make things worse if you actually heard me say this."

and just then i slowly leaned in. i was gonna place a kiss on his cheek but i instantly decided to kiss his soft lips one more time. as soon as i placed my lips on his, his hands instantly grabbed my face and he kissed me back.

i started to feel my tears fall down my cheeks as david and i shared a passionate, soft kiss. i disconnect our lips and placed my forehead on his, closing my eyes.

"you were awake this whole time?" i mumbled.

i opened my eyes and backed away. david had tears in his eyes as well. he softly smiled.

"of course. i knew you would come for me."

"well now... you know about how i feel."

"and i'm fucking ready for every god damn minute of it." david said.

i smiled.

"liza. i'm so sorry. for everything. i didn't want to be burden to you and i thought the only way to get rid of you was to sleep with someone else. i thought i didn't deserve you, even if it was just a friends with benefits.. i'm sorry."

i instantly walk back up to him in the bed, and place my finger underneath his chin, lifting it up towards me. i kiss his lips again but this time harder. firmer.
i disconnect.

"let's just put this in the past okay? we are okay. right?" i say.

"yes."

we both smile at each other.

"well now that this is clear," david breathed, "liza koshy, it would be an honor if you could be my official girlfriend."

"i accept." i smile.

david grabs my hand and kisses it.

i finally have him. i have him for keeps.

*****
midnight

"i'm picking you up first thing after classes okay?" i tell david as i'm about to walk out of his hospital room.

"okay. thank you liza." his brown eyes glistened as he stared into my eyes.

i lean in and kiss him one more time before i get up and leave.

i start to walk to my car when i hear footsteps behind me. i panic and start to speed walk to my car but soon get stopped by toddy.

"jesus toddy! don't scare me like that!" i yell.

"i'm sorry i just didn't know how to approach you."

i sigh.

"what is it toddy?"

"i just wanted to ask you if david's okay."

"he's fine, he's staying overnight in the hospital. why?"

"because he's my friend and i love him. is that too hard to understand?" toddy asks.

"well sorry.."

toddy then walked away. it was strange.

****

october 21, thursday 7 am

another day of boring classes. but i knew that it was different because i have david. finally.

the day went by too slow. class after class. lunch. conversations i don't remember. 2:30 then rolled around. time to get my baby.

****

"and you just have to sign this release form." the lady said at the front desk.

david was standing right behind me, waiting. i grab the pen the lady handed me and signed it as best as i could.

"thank you mrs koshy! feel better mr dobrik!" she smiled.

we made our way back to my car. we sat there for a couple seconds. comfortable silence.

"so now what?" i look over at david.

"lets go out to eat babe." david softly smiled.

"okay, i have this cute place we could go?"

"yeah. sounds good." david smiled.

as we drive, david rests his hand on my thigh even though i'm the one driving. something i'll never get over. he softly squeeze my thigh, rubbing his hand up and down.

"babe.." i say.

david smirks.

"we can't now, too dangerous." i say.

david sighs, "ugh okay."

i can't believe i still have him. all to myself. i'm one lucky little brown girl.

hey guys! hope you enjoyed the chapter. i'll see you guys next time! :~)