chapter 18: my new adventure.

david muttered the words,

"marry me."

i looked up at david gleamingly and was utterly shocked what he just told me.

"what?" i whispered, as i took a step back so i can see his face.

"we're both 22. we both just graduated. liza i love you," he breathed as he held my hands, "when you talked about new life adventures, i realized that you were my new adventure. i want to ride this roller coaster with you and only you."

a tear streamed down my cheek.

"you taught me how to love, how to live. i was a mess our freshmen year, remember? you helped me stop smoking. you helped me with my dad. and god, i would be so dumb to not realize that you're my soulmate."

he breathed heavily, his deep brown eyes were starting to get glossy.

"i love you, liza."

he stood there, still holding my hands tightly. i was in complete awe. i had no words.

"oh no, did i just mess up." david mumbled.

"yes, of course yes." i uttered.

"oh god i'm so sor"

"no david no! i mean yes! i want you marry you! yes yes yes!" i smiled with tears streaming down my face, waving his hands from side to side.

david gently cupped my face and passionately kissed me, i held his wrists as he does so. his sweet lips were placed onto mine. we both smiled in the kiss, it felt like the world stopped spinning.

david departs from the kiss, "now i don't have a ring at the moment but," david pulled out a silver graduation pin and got down on one knee, "elizabeth koshy, the love of my life, will you make me the happiest man and marry me?"

he held up the pin as a symbol of our love, and i giggled with tears still flowing.

"of course." i say.

******
4 years before

david started to pack his belongings in his suitcase in his dorm. i laid on his bed, with teary eyes, watching him.

david turned around and looked at me with sad eyes.

"no baby, please don't cry." he gracefully said.

as soon as he said that, i sobbed. he rushed over to me and picked me up, my legs wrapped around his tall body. i sobbed into his shoulder, recognizing the familiar smell he carried.

-

we were both laying on his dorm bed, my head placed on top of his chest, hearing his subtle heartbeat. david starting to play with my curly hair.

"why did you have to live in chicago?" i blurt out.

"i have no clue." he mumbled.

just then, alex bursts through the door with excitement i haven't seen from him in months.

"guys." alex gave us both a uplifting look.

we both looked at each other confused.

-
"hi i'm your father's lawyer, thomas parks." the man shook david's hand.

alex, me, david, and the lawyer were all in the library. apparently this was the good news alex was talking about. i was still confused.

-

alex and i waited far away from david and the lawyer, trying not to listen to the conversation. they both got up and shook hands and i faintly heard david saying "thank you". the man left with his suitcase and david walked back to us.

"well? what was that about?" i asked with my arms crossed, alex behind me.

"i'm.. staying."

my eyes got huge and i jumped into david's arms of pure happiness.

"what? how!" alex shouted as he smiled.

david put me down, "i don't know! but i have the money to stay! my dad gave me the money.. all of it."

"so you're rich?" i smirk.

david chuckles, "yeah i guess so!"

thank you god. thank you.

another short chapter :-( sorry! but the next and FINAL chapter will be extra long so be ready.. anyway, hope you liked this chapter and overall this book. it's wild how many people like this. thank you!! -em 💖