7

When Max saw Ian get out of the car, his heart nearly stopped. Seeing Ian through a screen versus seeing him in person were two very different experiences and Max suddenly felt extremely nervous.

"Hey there," Ian smiled, walking up to the younger boy.

"Hi," Max smiled back.

Ian brought Max in for a hug. "I'm glad to finally see you in person."

"I'm glad to see you too," Max replied hugging back.

The two went to Ian's car and got in. Max was still very nervous to be with Ian but Ian seemed calm as could be to Max. Ian may have seemed calm on the outside but on the inside he was afraid for the outcome of Max's actions.

The ride was silent aside from the radio, neither really knowing what to say to the other. Ian pulled the car into the driveway and they both got out and went inside.

"You can put your bag in my room," Ian started. "I don't really have a guest bed so you'll sleep in mine."

"Where will you sleep?" Max asked.

"The couch," Ian shrugged.

"No, I'll take the couch. You sleep in your bed," Max protested.

"No arguing with me, you're taking the bed," Ian said.

Max sighed, "fine."

<m>

Max laid in Ian's bed and pulled the covers up. Between the differing timezones and the unfamiliar environment, he just couldn't sleep. He tossed and turned for over an hour but just couldn't manage to fall asleep.

Quietly, Max crawled out of bed and walked to the living room. He held the blanket close to him in a childlike manner while walking. He looked at the couch, only to find Ian still awake too.

"Hey," Max said, taking a seat next to Ian. "What are you doing up?"

Ian shrugged, "just couldn't sleep."

"Me neither," Max sighed.

"Did you try?" Ian asked.

Max nodded. "Can you come sleep with me?"

"Okay," Ian complied.

The two went to Ian's room and laid in bed. Max cuddled close to Ian's body while Ian wrapped his arms around the boy. After a few minutes, they both drifted off.