11

Max sat alone in the bedroom feeling like shit. He knew he shouldn't have lied but he never expected Ian to be so heartless about it. He was just so mean when he found out.

The whole reason for not telling Ian about Max's age was because Max didn't want to be treated like a kid. In the end it all backfired and Ian thinks Max is childish anyway.

Max pulled the blanket up to his chin and closed his eyes, not bothering to wipe the tears that were starting to dry on his face. He wanted to do look as sad as he felt. He selfishly wanted to make Ian feel as guilty as possible.

Ian also felt like shit. He didn't want to make Max upset, he was just mad. He didn't mean to make Max so upset, he didn't know everything that had happened. He thought Max told him everything, but that wasn't true.

Ian couldn't take it, he couldn't just sit there and let Max suffer. He go up and walked to the room and gently knocked on the door. Max didn't answer so Ian cracked open the door to look in. Max had fallen asleep on the bed.

Quietly, Ian crept over to the bed and looked at the sleeping boy. Tears stained his porcelain cheeks, showing evidence of the pain he felt earlier. Ian placed a gentle kiss on those tear stained cheeks before leaving the room to sleep on the couch for the night.

<m>

Max was first to wake in the morning. He was awake but he didn't leave the bed until Ian came in an hour later.

"Oh I didn't know you were up," Ian said when Max started to get out of bed.

"Yep..." Max sighed quietly.

"Max listen," Ian started. "I was just mad, okay? I know I crossed a line and I'm really fucking sorry. I know I really messed up but I'm so sorry, Max."

"Its whatever," Max shrugged."what's done is done."

"You're still mad at me, aren't you?" Ian asked.

"I'll get over it," Max replied.

"I'm sorry," Ian said again.

"Stop saying you're sorry," Max snapped. "I'm tired of hearing it."

"Sor-" Ian caught himself. "Okay. Can I make it up to you?"

"How?" Max asked.

"You leave that to me," Ian winked before leaving the room.

"I really don't like the sound of that," was the only thing Max could think to say.