17

It wasn't long before Max was released from the hospital, but everyone wanted to know what happened to him. Max still refused to talk and when they asked him to write out what happened he just said he didn't remember. He remembered though, he remembered everything in gruesome detail.

When he got home, he went straight to his room and laid in bed, attempting to forget the world around him.

Max laid on his side and stared at the wall. He felt tears start to slide down his face. Everything hurt and Max didn't want to feel any hurt anymore, but he knew there was nothing he could do about it.

Max didn't bother to wipe his eyes when he heard his bedroom door creak open. Whoever was coming in could know that he was upset.

"Max?" The soft voice of his sister called out. Max didn't move as he felt her sit down next to him. "I know you're not asleep."

Max gave her nothing but a shrug.

"What's going on with you?" She asked. "You've been acting so weird lately."

For the first time since he arrived home, Max broke his silence with a simple phrase "I want to die."

"Don't say that," his sister shook her head. "Please don't say that."

Max sat up and put his head in his head in his hands, "I do though."

"Why?"

Max turned and looked at his sister. "If I tell you this, you can't tell another living soul."

"I won't, I promise."

Max sighed before speaking "my life had become a living hell. The people at school are so horrible. There's this guy there that forces me to do stuff and it's so hard to live with."

Max sister looked at him in concern, "What kind of stuff."

"Don't make me say it." Max looked down in shame.

"Oh Max... Oh no," his sister pulled him into a tight hug. Max broke out into sobs of pure sadness.

"A-and just when I found something to make me happy, I'm thrown back into this."

"What makes you happy?"

"Ian."

Max's sister looked down at him. "Was that his name?"

Max nods. "Now I can't see him or talk to him and I feel like fucking shit." Max's sister pulled back from the hug and got out her phone. "What are you doing?"

She placed the phone in Max's hands and smiled. "Contact him."

And then for the first time in weeks, a smile came onto Max's face. "Thank you."

"Anything for you," his sister patted his head.