12

Double upload, boys. You can all thank cum_in_my_rice for this blessing.

<m>

Max ended up taking a shower while Ian began preparing his surprise. Max didn't like surprises and he had no clue what Ian was planning.

When Max came out to see Ian after his shower, he was greeted with the sight of a full breakfast.

"Ian?" Max called out.

"Oh hey Max," Ian smiled as he walked out of the kitchen. "What do you want to drink?"

"Uh whatever is fine," Max answered. He was still shocked at all Ian had done already.

"Have a seat," Ian said as he walked back to the kitchen.

Max sat down and waited for Ian to come back. When Ian came back, he had two cups, he placed one in front of Max and sat down.

"Dig in," Ian took notice of how Max was just staring at everything in front of him and urged him to start eating. Max was hungry and didn't need to be told twice.

After eating, Max tried to clean some of the dishes but Ian insisted on cleaning everything up himself. Max gave in and sat on the couch, turning on the tv to entertain himself.

What came up was a local news station. The weather man was talking about how nice the day was supposed to be while being overly enthusiastic. Max just rolled his eyes and paid more attention to what was being shown on screen.

After the weather report, it cut to two reporter's sitting at a desk. The camera zoomed in to one reporter as he started talking, "and today we hear from officers that there has been no new developments in the case of a missing Australian teenager who ran away to America. Officers say he's somewhere in the state as shown by the location on the posts he's made on social media."

Max bit his lip as a picture of himself was shown on the screen and a number to call if anyone has information about his whereabouts.

The tv turned off suddenly, causing Max to jump. He turned to see Ian holding the remote. "Don't watch that shit, it'll just make you feel paranoid."

"They've never wanted me before, why are they trying so hard now?" Max asked.

"They're your parents," Ian replied simply. "They just want you to be safe."

"Sure they do." Max rolled his eyes and got up. "So what else do you have planned for me?"

"It's a surprise," Ian gave Max a reassuring kiss on the cheek. "We just have to take a little drive to get there."

"This better be good," Max teased.

"It will be," Ian smirked.