16

Max felt numb sitting back in his old room. This stupid house wasn't his home, Ian's house was his home. He had no form of communication seeing as his phone and computer were both taken. His parents even went to the extent of going through his Instagram in front of him and then making him delete it.

Max stopped talking as soon as he was forced back to Australia. He would barely even look at his parents.

"Max it's time for school." That was another thing. After a week of 'readjusting' Max was being forced to go back to the hell hole referred to as school.

Max stood, keeping his head down, and walked out to his mother's car. His mother drove him in and stopped him with a hand on his shoulder before he left, "I love you, have a good day. Call me if you need anything."

Max shrugged off his mother's hand and got out of the car, leaving the woman feeling hurt. Max felt a small bit of guilt in hurting her but it was masked by his own pain which outweighed hers by a landslide.

A cold chill rushed up his spine as soon as Max entered the building. Every part of him was screaming to turn back and run but he knew there'd be hell to pay if he walked out.

"Holy shit look it's the tranny," a voice spoke to another.

"Well I'll be damned," the other person said, making Max freeze in fear.

A tight grip on his shoulder sent cold chills all throughout his body. "Where'd you go, tranny?"

Max kept his eyes down but another hand forced him to look up. "I missed our talks." His smirk made Max even more uncomftable than he already was but there was no getting away. "Maybe we could have one right now."

Max shook his head violently, his voice still not willing to work.

"What's wrong, cat got your tongue? Maybe we could do something to wake it up."

Max was dragged to the bathroom, making him want to scream in protest, but his vocal cords wouldn't cooperate. Every part of Max was screaming to fight back but he was frozen in fear.

Once in the bathroom, the other man pushed Max into the wall with as much force as he could muster so he had time to lock the door while Max was in a daze. What he didn't account for was shoving Max's head right into a metal paper towel dispenser that hung on the wall. Between the dispenser, and the floor, Max was knocked out cold.

<m>

Max felt a great pain in his head as he drifted back into consciousness. Everything was so bright around him, and it didn't sound like school anymore.

He was in a hospital, Max realized as he sat up and looked around. No one else was in the room, which he didn't mind.

His peace was interrupted by a nurse walking in, "oh hello, we weren't expecting you to wake up yet. How are you feeling?"

Max shrugged and sat back. His head hurt more than anything, but other than that he was completely fine.

"Your parents are both on their way," the nurse informed Max. "In the mean time do you need anything?"

Max shook his head and closed his eyes, wanting to drift off for a little while longer. He was out before the nurse even left the room.