20/End

Max and Ian were making the best if what they had. Ian stayed for a month before leaving, and they called each other every day until Ian was able to come visit again.

Eventually, Max got his own phone back so he didn't have to keep sneaking his sister's. He also was able to transfer to another school, where he was treated a lot better. But, he never reported the boy from his old school.

Max looked into the mirror, adjusting his hair under the cap he had on. Today was the day he finally graduates from high school. Today was the last day he had to be away from Ian.

"Ready to go, Max?" His mom asked through the door. "You're going to be late."

"I'm ready." Max came out of his room.

His mother put a hand over her mouth, her eyes welling up with tears, as she looked at her son. "Oh my baby is all grown up."

"Don't cry, mom," Max patted her in the back. "Its a happy day."

"I know, I'll just miss you." She knew exactly what his plans were for after graduation. Once he turned eighteen, he informed his parents that he had been talking to Ian again. They were mad at first but there was no longer anything they could do about it. "There's a surprise for you outside."

Max flashed her a confused look before walking out. His eyes lit up and a wide smile grew on his face as he saw Ian standing there.

"Ian!" Max ran and gave his boyfriend a hug. "I can't believe you're here, I thought you weren't coming for another week?"

"Are you kidding?" Ian chuckled. "I wouldn't miss this day for anything."

Max pulled back, but not before giving Ian a quick kiss on the cheek. Max, his mom, and Ian all piled into the car and drove off the Max's graduation, meeting Max's father and sister there.

<m>

After the graduation ceremony, the whole group went out for dinner. Small conversation happened the throughout the meal, everyone happy with the day.

At the end of it all, Max and Ian retired to Max's room for one last night.

"I can't believe it," Ian said, laying in bed.

"What?" Max asked, already in bed, turning to Ian.

"We're finally here, together. It's finally real."

"It is."

"I love you, Max,"

"I love you too, Ian."

<m>

Ian and Max were finally on their way to America together. Max was going to work on getting citizenship as soon as he could and in the mean time he would do what he could to help Ian around the house.

The two men were together at last and more than to happy to not be a million miles (give or take) away anymore.