14

I know this is two days late, I'm just really forgetful sometimes.

<m>

The joyous atmosphere created at the gas station lingered over the two men all the way to their destination.

"No way," Max exclaimed as Ian parked

"What?" Ian smirked, pretending to be clueless.

"This is so beautiful," Max said, looking out the window.

"Not as beautiful as you."

Max felt his face turn red with embarrassment at the comment. "Shut up and let's go."

"Someone's eager," Ian laughed.

"Yes no let me out!" Max commanded. Ian laughed and unlocked the doors so he and Max could get out.

Their destination was the beach and, just as Max had said, it was beautiful. The cool ocean air hit them and fueled their excitement, Max was happy and Ian was glad to see that. Max went running towards the beach and Ian wasn't far behind.

The sand grabbed their shoes and impaired their running, Max's solution was to abandon his shoes in favor of getting to the water faster. Ian picked up the discarded shoes before removing his own and chasing after the boy.

Max finally reached the cool water and let it run over his feet. It was colder than he expected, causing him to jump back and fall on his ass.

"Graceful," Ian stated when he reached the boy that was now laying in the sand.

"Its fucking freezing," Max whined.

"Sorry I forgot to tell the ocean to heat up for you," Ian rolled his eyes and sat next to Max. Max climbed into Ian's lap, getting sand all over the older man. "You're getting sand all over me."

"That's what you get for making fun of me," Max teased.

Max got comfy on Ian's lap and they both looked out at the water in front of them. The waves slowly crashed onto the sand, smoothing out the land as it went.

"Thank you," Max said suddenly.

"For what?" Ian asked.

"Everything," Max answered. "You've made me so happy and made me feel alive again. I could never thank you enough."

"You don't need to thank me. I need you just as much as you need me."

Max turned and kisses Ian's cheek, making them both smile.

<m>

The two men stayed on the beach until the sunset, after that they went to the pier where there were different rides. They went on nearly all the rides and Ian was growing tired.

"Are you ready to leave yet?" Ian asked.

"One more ride," Max begged.

"Only one more," Ian agreed.

Max dragged Ian to the Ferris wheel where there wasn't much of a line and they got on. It went slowly to the top, letting them both take in the sights around them.

"This is amazing," Max said.

"Yeah," Ian agreed.

"Thank you again," Max smiled.

"Anything for you," Ian did as well.

"I think I love you," Max said looking out at the landscape still. "I know I'm young and we haven't been together like this for long but I really feel it."

"I feel it too."

Max turned to Ian. "You do?"

Ian nodded and pulled the younger in for a passionate kiss that lasted them until the end of the ride.

After that they held hand and walked back to the car before taking the drive home.