15

It was getting quite late as Ian and Max got closer to home and Max had fallen asleep some time into the ride. Ian pulled into the driveway and turned the car. He wouldn't dare waking the sleeping boy, instead he went over and carried him inside and laid him down in bed before getting in himself.

Ian held Max in his arms and closed his eyes. He felt no guilt in loving someone so young because to him, Max was no child, Max was his world.

<m>

The next morning began early with quite the rude awakening. A loud banging on the front door woke both Ian and Max up.

"What the fuck," Ian muttered to himself, getting out of bed to answer his door.

Upon opening the door, Ian wished he had never gotten out of bed. Standing on the other side were police officers, armed with a search warrant. Ian knew he was in deep shit now but he couldn't do a thing to stop what was happening.

Max was in tears when he was dragged out. He put of as much of a fight as he could but nothing could stop the inevitable.

Ian bit his lip and looking down as Max was forced to leave. The world around him was a scene blurring in his mind and he had no control over it. And to add to the mess, he had to be brought to the police station for questioning.

<m>

"Max!" Max as soon as he was brought to the station. It was the least comforting thing in the world in his moment of loss but it was what he was given. "Oh my baby I missed you."

Arm wrapped around his body but they felt like snakes coming to crush his bones and eat him up. He wanted Ian's warm embrace, not this constricting hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay, sweetie." His mother seemed like she missed him but Max had no care for her then. "Say something please."

She pulled back and looked at her wreck of a son. "Why couldn't you just let me stay with him?" Were the first thing he said to her since his disappearance and that wasn't what she wanted to hear.

"Because he's a bad man, Max," she frowned. "He'll never ever be able to hurt you again."

"He's only ever helped me," Max felt anger start to bubble inside him from her statement. "He's the only person that hasn't hurt me."

"Don't be so dramatic," she rolled her eyes like it was an art. "You never had any problems back home."

"You're so fucking stupid!" Max yelled at her. "How the fuck could you be so oblivious?"

Max walked to one of the nearby officers and asked where the bathroom was, going to it once directed. His mother was left in awe of her son's actions.