five

I felt the wind hitting my hair. I was trying to hold and contain it as best as I could. All the windows were down and my hair kept hitting Wyatt in the face.

After each time I would mumble 'sorry' and he would just nod and laugh,
'it's fine'.

We were cruising the back roads to get to the party. We were about half way there.

We weren't going very fast,
Jaeden was driving.

As of now I was leaning on Wyatt and looking out the open window.

I thought for a moment before resting my head outside the window. My hair was going everywhere, but at least it wasn't hitting anyone.

"y/n, what are you doing? Be careful," Wyatt questioned. He tightened his grip around my waist. No one else seemed to notice but him.

I giggled at the thought.

My head was laying on the window ledge and my hair was going crazy outside.

I didn't even need to look at Wyatt, I could feel his eyes on me.

"I'm fine Wyatt," I mumbled, closing my eyes relaxing. I smiled trying to imagine the look on his face as I said that.

I knew I couldn't fall because Wyatt had a tight grip around me. I've never felt safer.

I felt like I could pause my life and there would be no harm. I felt relief.

Wyatt

Beauty.

That's all she is. Pure beauty.

As she just smiled there, contently.
I smiled.

How could one person be this happy? She always had a vibe that you couldn't get out of your mind. She was calm and relaxed, but at the same time she was vibrant and humorous, and could make you smile anywhere at anytime.

She was like a drug. And let me tell you, I've always been addicted.

She layed there with her beautiful hair flowing out the window. It previously hit me in the face a few times. She apologized every time, when really I could care less. I mean it smelt amazing.

As I watched her, the sun was setting and hit her face perfectly. She was really glowing.

Sometimes I would often catch myself watching her. It wouldn't matter where. It just happened.

I would tell myself to stop because, I knew I shouldn't love my best friends sister. And on the other hand she was my best friend...

I mean she's my age but, still. Would it be weird?

My thoughts were interrupted by y/n's phone ringing. It beeped twice and I felt it vibrate on my lap.

I glanced down as it sat on my lap. y/n didn't notice.

It was from Noah. I knew I shouldn't read it but it was sitting right in front of me.

Noah

Hey y/n, are you on your way?
I thought you were coming early?
Well anyway just wondering...
See you when you get here!

oh and btw Millie's here
and wanted me to tell you hi!

y/n was suppose to go to Noah's house early? That's odd. She barely even talks to him, that I know of. I knew something was up this morning. He probably just wanted only her go hang out early...

I went out of my thoughts and decided I should tell her he texted.

I nudged her and she looked at me.

"Um, your phone beeped. You must have got a text," I said handing her phone to her.

She quickly read the screen and rolled her eyes.

She typed something really fast and shut off her phone.

"Millie's already there," she said talking towards Sophia, who was on the other side of the car.

"Okay, cool. Tell her we'll be there soon!"

She smiled. "I did!"

She glanced back at me. And she stared at me for a few seconds. Which felt like forever.

I didn't mind. I felt as if I could stare at her too.

She then leaned closer and started touching my hair. She giggled to herself.

She got closer to my ear and mumbled,

"Your hair is honestly the cutest thing ever, Wyatt."

I looked at her and my cheeks heated up.

I leaned towards her ear.

"You are honestly the cutest thing ever, y/n." I mumbled.

She looked shocked at first. Then I got worried I said the wrong thing.

But then, she smiled. Brighter than I ever saw her before.

I saw her cheeks become redder.

Then, Instead of going back to her original position, she turned and rested against me, again.

She went back to looking out the window.

But I went back to looking at her.