A New Life

To celebrate the new arrival of a family member, the apes made various amount of food caught and brought to the center of their huge alcove.

The royal ape family sat in the middle with Kira and her adoptive older brother, Ryker.

The royal couple watched in amusement as Ryker tried to steal pieces of Kira's food which she responded by pulling her food until it became a food tug of war.

"I wish to train her Julius" Amelia signed and Julius gave a confused look. Amelia shook her head and began to explain.

"there would come a time she would want to venture out and explore the world. I fear the humans might experiment on her once they realised she has been raised differently"

Julius seemed to comply at Amelia's plea and turned to his closest friend, Giovanni, a silverback gorilla with a statue of a warrior but a heart of gold.

"As soon as Kira reached the ripe age for humans to learn. Train her into becoming one of us."

Giovanni gave a gruff noise of approval. He knew the little girl would be wanted for experimentation from the humans of being raised by animals.

Kira finally snagged her food and struck her tongue out and Ryker imitated her though he was making noise.

The celebration lasted the night and by the time Kira slept, it was already dawn.

***

It was already noon that little Kira was up and about. Amelia and Ryker immediately toured her around the alcove.

The little girl was amazed at how big the entire place was. Ryker kept on dragging her to hurry up hooting that she can sight see later.

They came upon a place being circled around by trees and in the center were young apes either learning or training.

"That's our school!" Ryker signed excitedly when a young female chimpanzee charged towards them.

"Ryker!!" Kira blinked when Ryker suddenly his behind her and the female chimpanzee cast her a dark glare.

"Who are you and why are you with Ryker and Alpha Amelia?!" Poor Kira didn't know much about sign language that she merely cocked her head to the side in confusion.

Amelia chuckled "Don't worry Adeline, she is one of us now. She will be Ryker's younger sister"

Adeline's eyes widen and she grinned before hugging Kira (who was very unprepared for the sudden hug attack) and she squealed.

"Finally, some ape girl I could talk too without being bothered by a certain ape prince..."

Ryker's eyes widen before he signed "excuse me?! I'M the one bothering you?!"

Kira looked at one ape to the other wondering what was going on.

Amelia coughed before pulling both Ryker and Kira to her "we still need to show Kira the rest of our home. It was nice meeting you Adeline"

Adeline waved and struck a glare at Ryker who struck his tongue out.

Kira walked up to a huge spiral vine and when she reached the top, she saw the entire head of the forest. She was in awe.

"Beautiful isn't it?" She jumped when she heard a gruff voice and turned to see Julius. She relaxed and smiled before sitting down.

Julius sat down beside her "it is wrong to go wandering off her in the alcove without Ryker and Amelia" Kira lowered her head in sadness when Julius spoke with a touch of humor "a lot like me when I was young"

She grinned and turned her attention to the scenery "you cannot speak?" Julius asked. Kira touched he throat before trying to talk but a pained moan reached Julius's ears.

"Throat...hurt..." Kira bit her lip and Julius pondered "the fall must have traumatized you into almost losing your voice"

Kira frowned when she spotted a very large gorilla looming over Julius "Kira, meet your guardian and trainer, Giovanni. He shall teach you our ways and it won't be long before you become one of us...permanently"

Giovanni grinned and Kira brightened up and proceeded to hug the giant gorilla like a teddy bear.

Julius smiled when he heard the panic voices of his beloved wife and son.

"Giovanni, I shall leave her in your care for a while, I need to calm my wife and son down for a bit"

Giovanni nodded but couldn't help give out a tiny chuckle. Kira (oblivious to what the two we're even communicating at) laughed with him.

Julius glared at them both before he descended on the spiral vine.

Kira watched the ape leader go and turned to Giovanni before trying to tell him when will the time come that she will train but Giovanni was a bit confused at her sudden display of body movement.

Kira bit her lip in anger before pointing at the area where the apes in training were being held.

Giovanni smiled and ruffled her hair "soon, little chimp. Soon"

***

One Year Later...

As the months passed and Kira's quick adaption to her new home and family, she became friends with almost all of the apes (mostly to the children) and now, the day has come.

At the ripe age in ape age, Giovanni stood tall and seemed to be looming over Kira as she straightened up her posture.

During the past few months, Amelia and Julius taught her the basic ways of being an ape as well as sign language. It still amazed them at how much of a fast learner Kira was (much to Ryker's displeasure)

"You ready for this Kira?" Ryker asked as Kira stared at the apes that were training and grinned.

"Brother, I was born ready."

And the start of her new life as an ape began.