Captured from Home

Ryker and I swung from tree to tree as fast as we could back at home and we met a very gruesome sight.

Dead bodies of both two legs and apes lay and some were even injured and wounded.

Ryker jumped down from the tree and proceeded to help out the weak and the injured and making sure no humans will ever get near them.

I on the other hand, swung down, grabbed a random bow and a couple of arrows before swinging myself back up to the tree and started shooting arrows at the two legs.

I was very much afraid at the weapons they were using, they look like improved spears and bow and arrows.

A loud wail reached my ears and to my horror, Livius was being held by his stomach.

A snarl reached my ears and I notched an arrow and let it sail straight to the head of the human.

I was too preoccupied in saving Livius that I didn't notice someone pointing his weapon at me.

I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and I stumbled back in pain. I wailed loud that the apes responded by hooting angrily and began fighting back aggressively.

The world around me began to get blurry as I swayed back and forth, trying to keep my balance so as to not fall off.

I turned to see a human with his weapon raised in my direction. He was the one that shot me!

My eyes rolled back as I fell off from the tree and the last thing I remembered was my mother's wailing scream and my father's angry roar.

***

I woke in a hard and cold floor and I immediately sat up only to slink back down when the first wave of pain came crashing through my head.

Ow! Whatever they did to me surely caused a major headache.

I don't know why but I felt like I was being moved even when I am not even moving. I noticed that I was in a cube like thing with bars. Wait! Bars?!

I'm in a cage!!!

Panic welled up inside me as u looked around to find any escape. I saw a ray of sunlight and I realized the cage was being covered by a cloth.

I slowly moved the cloth away and made a peephole and saw that u was moving away from he forest.

Away from home.

No!

I banged the cage as hard as I could and made angry noises "Quiet Back There! You don't wanna go back to sleep don't you!?" I jumped at the rough sound and I quieted down.

I saw the trees disappear in the distance and I felt tears pour out of my eyes.

Is this why apes are afraid of these two legs? I guess they're barbaric ways are very uncomfortable.

I lay back in the cool floor and shivered as I tried to get some sleep.

***

Back at home or what was left at home, the apes started to tend to the wounds of the injured but a certain female alpha ape was too worried for the safety of her daughter to even notice the wounds.

"Julius we have to find her!" Amelia signed in panic while Ryker attempted to calm a crying Livius.

"I know love but first we must attend to the wounded. They need more help than Kira, she can survive on her own for a while"

Amelia bit her lip. It was painful she lost her parents to the humans when she was but a baby chimp but now to lose the only daughter whom she held so dear to her broke her entire being.

Ryker's mind was in a state of shock and panic that he almost couldn't think of anything but Livius's cries.

Why wasn't I there to protect her?

During the past years, he had grown to love Kira as an annoying and energetic sister he never had and now she was captured by the humans...he did not know what to think.

Julius was not even faring well, many of his people were injured and some of them possibly dying by now and then his daughter got kidnapped.

Never had he felt so much rage when he saw Kira fell from the tree due to the tranquilizer dart that was embedded on her shoulder and by the time he reached to her, the humans left with her in tow.

Kira, please be alright. Wherever you are.

Giovanni felt like he had just broken a promise and a vow to protect Kira and the two brothers. He never felt so weak and helpless before until a certain human girl came running in.

Kira, I have failed you

The rest of the apes noticed the gloomy mood the royal ape family was giving and they knew it was concerning with the capture of Kira.

They just hope and pray that she will be alright.

***

My entire being shuddered when the beautiful blue skies were suddenly being replaced by large looming things that looked so cold and lifeless unlike the trees that shined life.

I was suddenly thrown backwards from an abrupt halt and I heard something creak only to realize I was being moved.

But where?

The cloth was suddenly lifted and I hissed at the first thing I saw. Humans, lots and lits of humans.

They looked at me in shock as I hissed and bared my teeth. Everything smelled danger to me.

"Quite a sight isn't she?" A man wearing too much clothing spoke. Looking at me like I'm some kind of possession.

"What shall we do with her boss?"

"Take her to the Primate Shelter. She'll get to be with the rest of the apes we have"

Apes?

There were apes living here?

Or are they being kept here as prisoners?

The men started to lead me away and I banged the bars in panic.

I don't want to go some primate - whatever they call it! I want to go home!

But all they heard were my screeches, wails and hoots of panic.