Caesar's Home

After the fiasco last night, Caesar and I reluctantly left the area and headed back to our cages.

"I don't understand, why can't we just leave thus place?"

"I don't want to leave all apes here as their new leader"

I smiled, already he was showing signs of leadership. I knew he was going to be a great leader.

I reluctantly went into my cage and Caesar sealed it shut before he entered his cage.

We slept that night and I was looking forward to what was about to come tomorrow.

***

It was uneventful in the morning except for the part when I heard Caesar stole food from Dodge.

Which is why I was interrogating him now.

"Can you please tell me how you managed to steal some food?!" I begged for like the fifth time.

Since Caesar was now leader of the apes, they gave him a higher respect though some still treated him like he was one of the humans.

Rocket was currently giving out cookies to the other apes and I was glad the ape was slowly changing his ways to others.

"That is something I shall not tell you. It is something I should know only" Caesar signed plainly.

I groaned when Caesar suddenly tensed and his head whipped to the translate window where the owner of this blasted place was looking at us with a suspicious look.

Was it just me or did Caesar scooted closer to me? Nah, probably just my imagination.

Caesar and the human male stated at one another before each turned away.

"What was that about?" I asked. Caesar shook his head and signed "it is nothing..."

I decided to brush it off knowing he won't say anything to me but it was still nagging at the back of my mind by the time night came.

***

Early the next day, I got out early from my cage and saw Caesar and Maurice sitting together in two huge boulders.

I made my way towards them, greeting a few apes along the way.

By the time I was climbing up, Caesar was trying to break a group of twigs.

"What were you two doing?" I asked. Caesar excitedly showed me.

"Apes alone... Weak" Caesar signed as he demonstrated by plucking a single twig and breaking it in two. I watched it clatter to the ground.

"Apes together strong" he finished by showing the strength of the group of twigs.

I smiled, it reminds me of what my family use to say.