Encounter with the "Two Legs"

I woke up with a really major headache. I really need to make a mental note not to eat too much grapes, they really make you delusional.

Ugh...what time is it?

I looked around and saw that half of the entire ape colony were already up. I think I don't need to answer the question now.

Oh my ape shit goodness. I'm Late!

I stood up abruptly and and I saw the world spin. I lay down to stop the throbbing of my head.

Quickly regaining myself, I took my bow and arrows and sped towards the training grounds, praying that Giovanni was kind enough to let me go on this one.

I saw Ryker training with the other apes and I looked around for Giovanni but the gorilla was not here.

Strange...where's Giovanni?

I saw Adeline practicing her archery with some of the warrior apes and I walked up to her.

"Adeline, have you seen Uncle Gio?"

Adeline jumped a bit when I touched her shoulder but she smiled and signed "I am sorry Kira but I have not seen him or your father ever since a scout informed them two legs were here in the forest"

My suspicion rose. Two legs? That's a new word, I wonder what that means.

"What's a two legs?" Some of the apes looked at me and turned away and the others shuffled their feet. That's strange...

"Best not bring it up here Kira, we've had bad encounters with those two legs" Adeline signed before she turned her attention to the mark in front of her.

I said nothing and practiced my archery skills. I grinned a bit when my aim became more precise and straight but the question kept on burning me the entire morning.

What are two legs?

***

When training was over, I sat down on my alcove with a disturbed look on my face. I didn't notice mother's figure in my alcove until she hooted.

I smiled and touched my forehead to hers which she returned with love and...concern?

"Something troubles you Kira?" I frowned and signed "how did you know?" Mother raised a brow "I am your mother, I know everything about you"

I gave a small smile before signing "mother, what are two legs like? I've never heard such an animal"