Alpha Male

Morning came and I woke up to hear the sound of the metal door slamming shut.

I saw a human male and female slowly walk over to Caesar's cage and my senses grew alert.

Caesar hooted and grasped the arm of the male (surprising me) when I realized this was his human family.

They don't look so bad.

I watched as Caesar kept on repeating the sign for home. Are they gonna get him out?

"No...we're not going home" the male said and I felt my stomach drop.

They what?! How could they!

I looked at the metal door and I saw Dodge looking at Caesar and his family with an evil glint in his eyes.

My eyes widen when I realized they didn't have a choice to free Caesar.

With heavy hearts, I watched as the human male and female slowly leave Caesar and I was forced to hear Caesar's cries for them.

It continued on for at least 5 minutes until the cries subsided and I looked at Caesar whose eyes were void of any life.

"You okay Caesar?"

"They left me..."

"They didn't have a choice. Either give you up or..."

I really didn't want to sign the latter but a cold chill just swept over me when I thought about it.

Caesar said nothing and I decided to take a nap. I really don't want to deal with an emotional ape right now.

Especially when I am dealing my own family problem.

***

I heard the metal doors opening and closing and I looked to see what was going on.

The other apes made silent noises and hoots to one another when I saw Dodge and a few more two legs which I think are with Dodge came over to examine or to look at us.

I glared at them as they began commenting on each of us. Most of it was insulting and hurtful.

"What do we have here..." My eyes snapped open and I turned to see Dodge's human followers looking at me.

Danger and warning signs filled me as the human in front if me scanned me from top to bottom.

"Where'd you find her Dodge?"

"Found her in some forest with a bunch of wild apes running around like one of them" Dodge said casually.

I really wanted to wipe that smug look on his face.

Calm Kira, be calm.

I glared at them and snarled. They all laughed "I see what you mean. She could actually fit the part of being a savage"

That comment hurt and I tried to brush it off but my next door cage neighbor saw what they said hurt me and Caesar began to hoot angrily at them (despite being nervous)

They turned their attention to Caesar and I was left to dwell on my own thoughts.

Savage...

Wild...

Ape...

How I wish I was back at home where mother would scold Ryker and I if we did do something...reckless.

Uncle Giovanni would still be teaching me how to defend myself and spending quality time with my father.

My thoughts were cut off when I heard the cage bars next to me rattle. To my surprise, Caesar had grabbed the shirt of the human male that spoke bad things to me and he snarled.

I saw the apes looking at us intently and Dodge suddenly reaching out for his red stick.

Slowly and carefully, I grasped Caesar's arm and pulled back. Caesar complied and he gave the male on last glare before turning around so that they were seeing his back.

Thankfully, they left with no more terrible words spoken. I turned to Caesar who had his back facing to me "Caesar, you can't just act out like that. The last thing I want is for someone to get hurt by that stick!"

Caesar said nothing and I wondered if he even saw me signing when he turned to me and showed me a small object with a sharp barb attached to it.

"Stole pocket knife..." Caesar grinned and my mouth dropped open. He found a way to get us out of here!

"We go by nightfall. I have something I need to do"

***

Night fell and I looked around for any more humans going in and out and by the time Dodge made a horrible tuck in to us Caesar was already working his way on the cage.

The sound of the lock falling and the cage door opening, Caesar was finally out.

He turned to me and proceeded to unlock mine. We quickly went into another part of this place where I saw the same gorilla I met. He looked so forlorn and lonely.

Caesar suddenly unlocked his cage and I took a step back. Buck turned and looked at us two warily when I signed "hey big guy, long time no see"

His eyes widen when he saw me and his gaze went to Caesar and the little sharp weapon in his hand.

There, I saw Buck pledge his allegiance and loyalty to Caesar for helping him escape. I grinned when Caesar looked a bit surprise at the sudden action but took it in stride.

"What do we do now?" I asked. Caesar turned to me "we go get Rocket out" I blinked, why would he need Rocket.

I stayed behind Buck (for safety and protection) as Caesar tried to lure Rocket out.

I sighed before hooting wildly "Rocket! I need to talk to you about something!"

Caesar looked at me then back at Rocket's cage and I saw movement from the shadows and Rocket's form appeared.

To both Buck and my immediate shock, Caesar hit Rocket with a gasoline canister and I watched (wincing) as the poor ape tumbled down to the ground in bewilderment.

Caesar raised the canister threateningly and I tensed before Caesar dropped it beside Rocket.

I then realized Caesar was fighting for the alpha male position in the most...weirdest way...

Buck hooted at Rocket to renounce his claim on the alpha male position and Rocket immediately surrendered by raising his palm out to Caesar in which Caesar accepted.

I felt a new rush of energy and a high respect to Caesar. Buck looked at him with utmost respect as did Rocket.

Not only did Caesar gained allies tonight.

He gained himself a high position as the Alpha Male.