Battle on the Bridge

We raced to the bridge where a few people went out of their...ugh...vehicles and decided to run away or move away from us.

We jumped through cars and trucks as we headed straight towards freedom.

"Wait!!!"

Caesar's rough voice cut us off from our run. I looked at him in confusion when I realized that a group of police men was on the other side and going to continue our run would be suicide.

We waited for further instructions until Caesar motioned to Koba and a few apes

"go..up!"

Koba hooted and they proceeded to climb up on the bridge.

He turned to Maurice.

"Below..."

Maurice hooted and the orangutans started to go down.

He motioned for the gorillas to push a fallen bus forward when I saw police males on horses.

I hooted wildly when one of them was heading to my direction when Buck easily pulled the male off the horse and was about to pound him to death when Caesar screamed "No!"

Buck stopped then roared near the face of the police men. I ran towards Caesar as I saw the gorillas started to push the bus forward.

The distinct sound of gunshots were heard and I was thankful that the bus was providing a shield to the gorillas.

Caesar suddenly motioned for them to stop and I watched as he mounted himself on a police horse and held out his hand.

I grabbed it and seated myself behind him. Without warning, he dashed forward and roared.

All of a sudden, the humans were caught by surprise at the attack as Koba and his group jumped from above and Maurice with the orangutans attacked from below.

Rocket stood up from the bus and screeched for the remaining apes to attack.

It was chaos.

Many police men screamed in panic while others received bruises and all kinds of injury but never got a fatal wound.

Finally having enough, the human males screamed and fled. Rocket hooted and threw up objects in the air.

The apes cheered as they finally celebrated their freedom.

But it was short lived.

Caesar and I tensed at the sound of something very ominous.

The apes suddenly screamed as gunshots rang up to the air as the police man on the flying object started shooting us.

I dove straight to a car and watched the oncoming bullets. I peeked and saw the same human male in the facility pointing at Caesar who was hiding behind a police car.

He plans on shooting him down!

Before I could do anything, something grabbed me by the arm and clamped my mouth shut to prevent me from screaming for help.

I thrashed and turned to face my attacker when my eyes popped out of my head (not literally!)

"Ry...Ryker!?"

***

Caesar hooted as he retreated to a police car. He needed to think of a plan, FAST!

Opening the door, he dove for the back seat and grabbed a pair of chains that lay at the back and started to run towards the helicopter.

He swung the chains found and round until he let it loose and watch it hit Jacobs and the two police officers down.

However, the officer steering the helicopter wasn't done, he grabbed his gun and proceeded to shoot Caesar on his own.

Caesar froze when he saw the gun that was going to end his life in a matter of seconds pointing towards him.

Just as Caesar was about to accept his fate Buck suddenly jumped and pushed him away.

Caesar gave out a panicked shriek as he watched his friend jump towards the helicopter (all the while getting shot) and watch the helicopter swerve out of control before it crash landed near the edge of the bridge.

Caesar hastily pulled out the wounded Buck away. The silver back gorilla smiled and slowly and weakly hooted "thank you..." With those words, he left the living world and onto the next.

Caesar felt a deep sadness rise within him and his head turned to the debris of the helicopter and saw Jacobs reaching his hand out for help.

He didn't say anything and turned away just as Koba walked up to the helicopter and pushed it away for it to plummet down to the depths of the water, taking Jacobs with it.

Caesar watched the apes celebrated their freedom when he noticed one person missing.

Where's Kira?!

***

I let Ruler drag me away to the safety of the woods with my thoughts running on high.

How did he get here?

What took him so long?

What the heck am I even doing?!

I pulled away from him and he stopped and turned and that was when I noticed the deep gashes on his chest.

"What happened?!" I signed in alarm. Ryker never have scars during a fight only when it is suddenly getting ugly.

Ryker grimly signed "two legs ambushed us and took us away from our home and we were going to search for you when they started experimenting on us and letting others die"

My mouth dropped open. All this time they were being imprisoned by the humans on the other side of this country?!

"Why experiment on you?" I asked. He smiled "ape intelligence never gets old" I nodded as he slowly grabbed me "we must go, we are not safe here yet. Mother ad father are waiting"

I smiled as we ran off to the forest.

My mind forgot about Caesar and the rest of the apes.

It was all filled of being reunited with my family.